What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bubble or boil?  (Read 2265 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
bubble or boil?
« on: September 15, 2004, 02:12:41 pm »
I would appreciate your collective help in sorting out an issue. The predominate thought seems to be 220 is better than 110. However my dealer has assured me that I will be fine with the 110. I live in New England and I’m getting a Hot Spring Jetsetter. I know you can’t use the jets and heater with that system but he assures me there will be relatively little heat loss over say 45 minutes. Perhaps he’s a great guy and has my best interests at heart, but I’m always a little skeptical when I’m willing to spend more money (he sells the $200 step up electrical box) and a sales person talks me out of it. Could it be because this is a small tub—with a small surface area—that heat loss is not as critical?  ???

Hot Tub Forum

bubble or boil?
« on: September 15, 2004, 02:12:41 pm »

spaguyohio

Re: bubble or boil?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 03:27:35 pm »
or could it be he really needs to get rid of that model, and will say anything to get it sold?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 04:14:56 pm »
I ran my spa on 110 for years and loved it! it was an 7'8" model and yes it did lose heat, about 1 degree every 10 minuets with the jets running. When I got my first 220 spa I liked it even better. The bottom line is that the spa is convertible. Try the simple way, if you like it on 110 keep it that way, if not pay for the upgrade latter. What the upgrade consists of is an additional 220 sub-panel that can be added later. The instructions for the conversion and the schematic for the sub-panel are both in owners manual and inside the control panel cover.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 04:45:04 pm »
Perhaps he’s a great guy and has my best interests at heart, but I’m always a little skeptical when I’m willing to spend more money (he sells the $200 step up electrical box) and a sales person talks me out of it.

It won't hurt to try it at 110V as Stuart suggested but if you have no hesitation spending the extra money up front I'd go 220V to start with.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 04:45:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42