What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie researching and confused on first tub  (Read 2652 times)

vinnymickey

Newbie researching and confused on first tub
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:35:57 am »
OK, Like many we are first time hot tub people and the more I research the more confused I get. Like all products I understand many will get bad reviews but in the hot tub industry it's kind off scary. I see some high end tubs getting some bad reviews, anything from leaks to electronic issues and I still cannot rap my head around a 10k to 18k tub. Speaking of pricing it's amazing to me that no manufactures will post a price so this leaves dealers with ridiculous ranges from 1k to 6k difference in some cases.

OK this has been my experience so far and honestly hard to pull the trigger on a purchase because I really don't want a high price headache :) Therefore I am a research bug and found this forum and see many knowledgeable people here and I thank everyone for sharing.

I have two dealers near me one Hot Springs and the other Marquis and my experience so far with them is hmmm well they are dealers :) nothing that screams trust and buy as of now.

We are looking at the Marquis Promise at 9,600 (sanitizes, music)and Hot Springs Vanguard at 12,500 (basics).

This is what we are looking at and have no clue of what details we need to know. We ask for warranty offers and they say everything is from manufacturer. Looks like no service travel charge because they are close and I assume they will be available within a day or few days if service is needed. I guess any input will help that experience people learned along the way.

TY in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie researching and confused on first tub
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:35:57 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Newbie researching and confused on first tub
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 10:40:00 am »
Pricing depends somewhat on where you live, it'll be cheaper in Missoula than Manhattan for various reasons. Final price is certainly negotiable, sometimes even when they say "this is our best price".

I'm not sure if the 2 spas you list are fully comparable but they're both good manufacturers. People here representing or owning each will confirm that and may give worthwhile advise but no one can tell you which is best for you. You'll want to factor in how comfortable you feel that each dealer will be there for you after the sale and of course at some point you would be wise to wet test both.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

kies1

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 12:46:05 pm »
I did a lot of research before purchasing our hotsprings flash. Biggest deciding factor for me was the dealer and also knowing I was going to get a good quality hot tub. The three that were in the mix were arctic spa, jacuzzi and hotsprings. Aesthetically the hot springs looked a lot nicer and I like the idea on the limelight series the fibre core insulation. Two jet pumps with circulation pump and ozone. Seating is very comfortable and the jets have more than enough power. I am very happy with it so far and the quality seems to be there. Nice fit and finish, clamped hoses and I really like the lcd control panel. Very easy to use. Remember and it is advice given here all the time your not just purchasing the hot tub but the dealer as well.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 01:53:53 pm »
Is that a 1 pump or 2 pump Promise?  Vanguard or Vanguard NXT?

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:26:01 am »
Good price on the Promise if that's including audio.  You're looking at 2 of the most reliable brands on the market, I wouldn't be worried.   The warranty is basically identical between the 2 tubs you are looking at.  I think the Marquis exterior cabinet is a slight notch above the HotSpring, and service accessibility is a little bit easier on the Marquis.  Good luck in your search.

vinnymickey

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 09:19:58 am »
Is that a 1 pump or 2 pump Promise?  Vanguard or Vanguard NXT?

It is the NXT we are looking at and I honestly just found out about 1 or 2 pumps in my research yesterday which seems obviously very important. I believe you need two pumps so all zones can run at the same time.  Not sure the dealer quite explained this to my wife :). Will find out ASAP on how many pumps TY.....

vinnymickey

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:21:20 am »
I did a lot of research before purchasing our hotsprings flash. Biggest deciding factor for me was the dealer and also knowing I was going to get a good quality hot tub. The three that were in the mix were arctic spa, jacuzzi and hotsprings. Aesthetically the hot springs looked a lot nicer and I like the idea on the limelight series the fibre core insulation. Two jet pumps with circulation pump and ozone. Seating is very comfortable and the jets have more than enough power. I am very happy with it so far and the quality seems to be there. Nice fit and finish, clamped hoses and I really like the lcd control panel. Very easy to use. Remember and it is advice given here all the time your not just purchasing the hot tub but the dealer as well.

Definitely finding out how important the dealer is :) My wife truly trust the sales person but will try to get a better feel of the owners :)  TY

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:21:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42