What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot tub  (Read 3932 times)

FFRICH

New Hot tub
« on: August 05, 2018, 12:39:37 pm »
 Hey guys new to the Fourm looking to buy a hot tub, Dont want to spend more than $4500  2 OR 3 Person

any suggestions?

Thanks Rich
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:30:11 pm by FFRICH »

Hot Tub Forum

New Hot tub
« on: August 05, 2018, 12:39:37 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: New Hot tub
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 02:29:48 pm »
Nordic 110’s or freeflow are the 2 I’m familiar with that will be in that price point.

FFRICH

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 03:02:09 pm »
Thanks for the input would like to stay with 220 with 2 pumps but not sure if thats possible a few people told me
to go with 2 pumps not sure if that matters or not i guess it depends on how many jets

found this one for $5500  https://aqualivingstores.com/product/kennedy/

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 03:13:30 pm »
2 Pumps versus one... totally irrelevant.  It should be based on how it feels.  # of jets... again... irrelevant if it feels great. 

Less is actually more when it comes to efficiency.  But it's less "sexy"

I'd probably suggest staying away from what you just linked.  It looks good... but this is Dr. Wellness... rebranded, which was Laguna Bay... rebranded.  This company declares bankruptcy every 4-5 years and then drops all support to it's customer base.

Sam

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 04:13:56 pm »
Yep, stay far away from that company.  Absolute garbage.  As soon as their reputation catches up with them, they change names. 

FFRICH

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 07:04:54 pm »
d00nut/ Sam

Thanks for the Good Advise!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 11:39:22 am »
Nordic 110’s or freeflow are the 2 I’m familiar with that will be in that price point.

" looking to buy a hot tub, Dont want to spend more than $4500  2 OR 3 Person"

The internet is full of low quality no name brands that look good on a spec sheet and in a picture but don't hold up over time and have largely meaningless warranties.

At that budget it eliminates a lot of good options but not all. If it were me I would go with any of the 3 following:  A) one of the more entry level spas with a good reputation mentioned above by HTG, b) look for a good quality used spa (you'd need to be picky, most of whats on Craigslist should be ignored but some gems are there for the discerning eye) or C) build a bigger budget by maybe setting aside the $4500 budgeted now and adding $165/month to it so you can come back 1 year from now with a $6k budget to move up in class.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 02:18:31 pm »
Artesian's Garden Spas line has some stuff in that size/price range that are great quality.  The jets aren't very strong and there aren't a lot of bells and whistles, but they are super well made and reliable.  The Azalea in particular is a cool little 2 person spa that should be priced in that range.  I've personally been in one a few times and really like it other than the jet strength.  They aren't horrible or anything but certainly not as powerful as Artesian's higher-end stuff.

FFRICH

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 03:12:54 pm »
What about Home Depot?

HT34

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 03:58:09 pm »
I wouldn't buy from Home Depot.  I would echo what some have said already.  Find a really good reputable brand and look at their entry level line and pick from there.  I would think you should have quite a few tubs in the 2-3 person/$4,500 range.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 04:02:26 pm »
Best play is to find what dealers are in your neck of the woods.  See their brands, check out their reputation online, then sit in them both dry and wet. 

Many on here may have suggestions about various brands but they're completely and totally irrelevant if there is not dealer in your area.  Buying a tub is about comfort but also about the dealer and your warranty/service options. 

That is your absolute best course of action.  You can buy online or from a box store, but you're not going to get the dealer support and unlikely a delivery that is worth while.  Furthermore, whatever warranty you get is going to be likely stripped down.  I don't have a dog in the fight so my thoughts on how you choose to spend your money is irrelevant.  I am just helping you streamline the buying process and noting the differences on buying online/from a box store vs from a dealer.

I hope that this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

FFRICH

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 04:26:25 pm »
Thanks!

FFRICH

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 06:32:27 pm »
Got my new Hot Tub bought a Caldera Vacanza 2 seater perfect for me and the wife.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 06:37:40 pm »
Got my new Hot Tub bought a Caldera Vacanza 2 seater perfect for me and the wife.

At the start of their spa search many people set a semi-firm budget before fully realizing what the market has to offer and often times have to amend it once they realize it won't get them what they want.

At the start of this thread you'd mentioned that you didn't want to go above $4500, where did you end up?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 08:56:16 pm »

Neat little tub. Enjoy it

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 08:56:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42