What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter Removal/Cleaning  (Read 1801 times)

SpaJohn

Filter Removal/Cleaning
« on: September 07, 2004, 05:52:56 pm »
I am a first time owner of a Catalina spa and am overall very happy with it's performance and maintainability.  It is only about 3 months old so I cannot discuss reliability yet but have not had any real issues to date.  

The one pet peeve I have developed is when I remove the filters there are always a few small dislodged items (bug parts, hair...) that remain in the filter chambers.  This unit uses two cylindrical filters in the vertical position.  Not sure if this application is common to most spa types but any advice on how to remove these items from the filter chamber would be greatly appreciated.  There has to be a better way than using my hand to try to sweep the particles up out of the chamber and into the main tub so I can capture them in a spa vac.

Or just tell me that I'm being to anal and the concern of these particles getting into the plumbing is not a very big one.

Thanks in advance.  This forum has been very helpful to me.

Hot Tub Forum

Filter Removal/Cleaning
« on: September 07, 2004, 05:52:56 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Filter Removal/Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 09:10:41 pm »
My spa has the same type of setup with the same challenge.  After removing the filters, I use a water hose as a siphon.  This works well to pick up the stray flotsam in the filter compartment.

Hope this helps.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Filter Removal/Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 09:10:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42