What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Problems  (Read 3177 times)

bethshar

Water Problems
« on: September 04, 2004, 10:27:47 am »
Our water turned cloudy the other day.  I bought a sample to dealer, adjusted PH and Alk, shocked with dichlor.  It is much better, but not crystal sparkling clear like it was.  Any suggestions?

I was wondering what the water should look like - should it have a turquise tint? Our tub is silver.  Can't seem to get back that clear sparkle we had the first week.  Water is now in balance.  We use dichlor after each use and shock with dichlor weekly.  We have ozone and N2.

Thanks -

Hot Tub Forum

Water Problems
« on: September 04, 2004, 10:27:47 am »

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
Re: Water Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 12:26:18 pm »
Curious to know how you fix the cloudy water problem as I should be soaking in the optima by tonight and will probably face the same problem. The electrician is at the house doing the electrical upgrade as we speak.

PPOL

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 02:12:51 pm »
Shock it, keep running jets until it clears up.  As far as the tint, not sure, but could be some algae?

Good Luck,

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

TCMarvin

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 02:46:01 pm »
Sometimes we get contaminants in our water that are too fine to be in the filter and unable to be broken down by way of sanitization. This is when a good flocculant comes in handy.

A flocculant will clump these fine particles together so they are big enough to be trapped in the filter. I'm not sure what brand is the best to recommend, because i use the Eco One system and it has a flocculant already in the formula, but im sure someone else can recommend a good brand to use with your treatment method.

After you add a flocculant, you'll want to increase your filtration time to speed up the process and BINGO, your spa water should sparkle.

bethshar

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 03:03:54 pm »
I have a bunch of SpaGuard brand products.  Are any of them a flocculant?  Water clarifier, stain & scale, also have a scum remover product by Rendevous.

Thx--

TCMarvin

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 03:17:45 pm »
Yep, your clarifier is a floccing agent and should help with your cloudy water problems. Just add the recommended amount if you have not already and filter for an extended period.

bethshar

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 05:08:12 pm »
THanks - we'll try it.

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 07:32:05 pm »
Technically speaking a flocculant (e.g. aluminum sulfate, ferric chloride, polyaluminum chloride) precipites in your water. The precipitation process adsorbs the finer particlulate and forms a larger particulate mass that can be removed by filtration.

Your pH will be lowered as a result of the process, you may have to rebalane, and I have seen some people over do it and have a very low pH that will not allow the precipitate to form.

Thus, if you are going this route, you will need to clean your filters immediately after all the nasties have been captured on the filter.

Try the sanitizer first.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 07:35:55 pm by Shut_Down_Stranger »

bethshar

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 09:23:38 pm »
Used the clarifier - and cleaned the filters.  Water is much better.  Thanks for all your help.!  I'll check the PH in the morning.

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 04:55:48 pm »
Is Spaguard a real good brand??  My spa arrives tomarrow and the dealer I purchased it from has the Spaguard and I plan on using it.
Connie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 04:55:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42