What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Prevent hot tub from heating?  (Read 1951 times)

runeasgar

Prevent hot tub from heating?
« on: July 01, 2018, 07:01:32 pm »
I have a Cal Spa 6X00 series (model 03-3M-GA51) and I’m interested in preventing it from heating in the summer. Problem is, there’s no way to do that as it is, because it always filters 4 hours a day, and it always heats during those 4 hours (and I’m pretty sure that’s long enough to get it too hot?). Even worse, the minimum temperature I can set it to is 80.

My heater and pump connect separately to the control panel.. are there alternate control panels that will allow me to shut off the heater entirely? Is this advisable?

Any help appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Prevent hot tub from heating?
« on: July 01, 2018, 07:01:32 pm »

gmdodt

Re: Prevent hot tub from heating?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:34:07 pm »
Why would the heater run during a filter cycle if it's not calling for heat? My caldera has an 80 degree minimum which I'd like to set it to; however, the tub would never filter then because the ambient heat and sun keeps the water around 90 degrees and if set temp is 3 degrees different then actual, filter is suspended.

80 degrees is probably cooler then you may think, especially at night!!

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:07:05 am »
The hot tub should not heat during a filter cycle unless it is calling for heat.  There is heat generated when the pump runs, which is what you might be experiencing.  Put the hot tub in Econ or sleep mode, or just turn the temp down to 80.  Keep in mind that since it’s warm during the summer, there may be nowhere for the heat to dissipate to and it may be difficult to maintain a lower temperature, especially if the hot tub is full foam.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:14:33 am »
 All true, the only other option is to disconnect the heater.  But like mentioned, the pump running can still generate some heat. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:14:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42