What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Under $4500 budget, looking at Nordic Hot tubs  (Read 3791 times)

cmitch9999

Under $4500 budget, looking at Nordic Hot tubs
« on: September 06, 2004, 06:48:28 pm »
Hi
this forum is GREAT!!
we have been looking at spas for a few months...having some budget shock!  need to stay under 5K for the tub with all included.  Looking at the Nordic Warrior tub, like the DEEP well, don't need all those loungers etc.  Any other Nordic owners, just wondering about what your monthly elec. costs might be? any other problems?

anyone else have a good tub for this $$$ that they can share info on is appreciated!
thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Under $4500 budget, looking at Nordic Hot tubs
« on: September 06, 2004, 06:48:28 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Under $4500 budget, looking at Nordic Hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 08:48:20 pm »
The Nordic is a reliable tub.  the Warrior is nicely jetted.
Energy costs are a little higher becacuse of lack of insulation.  

Check out the Marquis Everyay Hot Tub.  Specifically the 415.  Better warranty, energy efficient and sould sell for around $4500.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 10:30:57 pm »
Look into Emerald  and Beachcomber. They have various size spas at different price points.

The dealer I went to quoted prices for the Emerald 899 series at $4500 for the basic and I think $5300 for the classic. The 899 is a huge 7 or 8 person tub without a  lounger. The 899 is their largest tub so anything smaller should be less expensive, I would think.

If you go on-line they have the specs to see if there is a tub that you may like. Their at emeraldspa.com.  They seem to be rated highly by people who own them.

One drawback is that they don't have a large dealer network so their closest dealer to you may be a distance. The one I visited was a little over a hour away, when I asked if it was a problem - his answer was no.

I saw the Beachcomber at a different dealer. They have a 300, 500 and 700 series. Unfortunately the dealer that I went to was brand new to Beachcomber and he didn't have his display set up yet so I didn't get too many prices. The one price I got was on the 580 and I think it was $5600. The 580 is Beachcomber's largest 1 pump tub, again a smaller tub should cost less. Their at beachcomberhottubs.com.  They also seem to be rated highly by people who own them.

I've been to many dealers looking at different brands. In my opinion, I have found that these 2 brands represent a good value. I plan on buying one in the spring and it is between these brands.

I hope this helps!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 11:46:03 pm »
I have heard good things about Nordic....as mentioned the 415 falls into that price range as well.....both are nice spas.....

Tubber

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 10:29:22 am »
Nordic is a good reliable tub. Simple deep unobstructed seating. You might want to look into the Crown XL it's deeper and has foot jets along with two whirlpool jets. Still in your price range as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 10:29:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42