What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New owner blues  (Read 4562 times)

warper

New owner blues
« on: September 04, 2004, 08:52:00 am »
Yesterday I received my new HS Prodigy. I was very imprssed with the installation. Unfortunately It has died already which was very disappointing. It was heated
to 100 degrees at 5 PM. I had locked the spa so the kids could not touch any buttons. The family plan was at 7:30 we were going to all try it out together. I went out to the tub and was going to add the MPS. I tried to unlock the spa and there was no response. I than noticed that the power light was not even on and that the filtration system was not even running. I tried to power cycle it and read through the manual multiple times looking for a solution.
:( :( :(

Hot Tub Forum

New owner blues
« on: September 04, 2004, 08:52:00 am »

spaguyohio

Re: New owner blues
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 09:30:14 am »
<<ring ring>> Hello, Mr Spa Dealer, get one of your techs out here ASAP, I dont care if you have to do it yourself. Just delivered, and died already? I dont think so.  Are you selling lemons?

Im sorry that happened. I would be on the phone right away and getting someone out there. The money Im sure is still warm in his account, so get it fixed pronto or bring me a check for what I paid for it.  

Maybe its something you can fix on your own, but Id be sure to mention it to the dealer and get some freebies for your aggrevation.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 10:14:25 am »
Power light off means only one thing: no power to spa. That isn't a spa problem. The spa is self-diagnosing: if the power light (red) flashes, you have an overheated spa or heater. If the green light flashes, you have a bad temp sensor. If both flash, you have a flow problem - could be just an air bubble in the circ pump on a new spa.

Check the breaker at the main house panel (cycle it off and on), then go to your sub panel.

Hit the 'test' button on both breakers - if they don't click off you have a wiring problem.

Turn both breakers in the sub panel off, and turn on just the 20 amp breaker. The spa should start up - if not, you have a wiring problem. If so:

Run the jets for a couple of minutes, and then turn on the 30 amp breaker.

I know this is frustrating, but from the sound of it, you may just have a loose wire or the electrician may have made a simple goof somewhere.

I hope this helps, let us know.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 10:15:36 am »
Not to state the obvious (sp) but have you checked the circuits?  

warper

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 10:37:27 am »
I have looked at all that. The dealer installed all of it including electrical. They are on there way here now. I hope they can fix it quickly. The strange part is the temp is holding

KevinH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 11:38:32 am »
Hope you have better luck than I've had with my Caldera dealer.
My motor overheats--Took a week for them to call me back and only after 4 calls to them.

They have ordered a pump Caldera says will take 3-4 weeks for delivery.

I'm still waiting for my cover lift that should have came with the spa, going on 3 weeks.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 12:47:18 pm »
The strange part is the temp is holding

Don't be surprised - you purchased a well-insulated spa, after all.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Maverick

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 12:41:49 am »
Seems to me they all hold heat quite well in the summertime.....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 12:08:48 pm »
Seems to me they all hold heat quite well in the summertime.....

Actually they hold heat well in the winter to. You see they don't depend on the motor running to produce 60% of the thermal insulation properties. It's insulated with or without the motors running!

I had an old Hotspring Classic years ago that lost power in January and was subject to temps from 0 to 20 degrees for 5 days - the temp of the spa dropped from 104 to 89 in those conditions. I was quite impressed.

warper

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 04:56:57 pm »
Sorry didn't post this sooner. The dealer called on Saturday morning early. They asked what was going on and I told them and they had someone here by 10 in the morning. They checked they power and all seemed fine getting to it. Just incase they replaced the breaker. That did nothing. they could see the power reaching the spa. They finally replaced the whole circuit panel on the tub it worked great. I was very impressed with the dealer. I was able to try it for the first time at 10:45 and than left for the weekend. I have to say I was very impressed with the dealer and anyone wants to know who they are in Chicagoarea let me know. Thanks for the responses.

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 06:41:23 pm »
From your response it makes mr double my thoughts on buying from a dealer I am comfortable with and trust.

Now I have to go back and make myself like the tub MORE :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 06:41:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42