What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: vitaspa caberet vs marquis epic  (Read 7331 times)

scrappyrn

• Can I stamp and scrapbook in my hottub?
vitaspa caberet vs marquis epic
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:33:12 am »
Opinions please.  i wet tested the epic, and hope to wet test the caberet next weekend (they have to install and fill it in the showroom.  On paper, I like the vita better.  Also-how are these prices. (I am in NJ)

Vitaspa caberet with wave seat, mood lites, stereo and misters 10,202 with delivery, cover & cover lifter, steps, start up chemicals,

Epic with mood lites, stereo and the usual (cover,lifter, steps,  chems.) etc, 10,300

Hot Tub Forum

vitaspa caberet vs marquis epic
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:33:12 am »

scrappyrn

Re: vitaspa caberet vs marquis epic
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 03:59:13 pm »
Also the vitaspa dealer is about 15-20 miles from my house and the marquis dealer is an hour away.

Midig8r

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 11:22:46 pm »
Just my two cents worth; I checked  out both the Marquis Epic and the Vita Spa Cabaret, along with over a dozen other well know brands.  Narrowed my search to the Cabaret and another brand (but bought the Cabaret).  What I didn't like on the Epic was the Trizone diverter system; it seemed like it was always taking away power from another area to compensate for the low hp of its two pumps.  On the other hand, the three pump Cabaret had plenty of power to all areas, even when diverters were set to power all jets in all areas.  I love the Cabaret.  If you are looking for power, this is the one.  If, for example, a diverter is set on full on some of the seats, literally, it will blow you out of the chair (ofcourse, you can always dial it down)!  I can't comment on price since I live in Florida and we have Vita Spa Outlets here.  I can tell you this though, I got a 3 pump 2005 Cabaret (unused leftover) with wave seat, misters, stereo, lites, steps, cover, lifter, chems, delivery and full warrenty for $6500.  For me, it was a no-brainer!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 12:14:48 am »
Didn't test the Epic as the dealer was too far but did wet test a Cabaret before buying the Granada from the same dealer. 3 pump 06 Cabaret with no stereo and I dont think it had a wave seat but did have the light package and the other usual stuff was 9K brand new in the Atlanta area.

Had it been 6500 I might have bought it instead. Seems like a great price. Of course the Vita spas are made in Miami so maybe they are cheaper in Florida as a result.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 12:15:41 am by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

scrappyrn

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 08:46:53 pm »
It seems that NJ is one of the higher priced places for spas from what I see others have paid.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:53:35 am »
That is a pretty decent price on the Epic, with the features you listed that spa would sell for 12,000 at the dealer I work at.  The Epic has plenty of power, be sure to not mistake power with pressure.  You will find low pressure, high flow jets on the Marquis.  You can have 160 gallons per minute coming out of one seat at a time, that's a lot of water.  

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 07:45:23 am »
Marquis vs Vita.  A no brainer.... a level one spa vs a level two   but how the feel to you is most important.  Don't worry about the dealer being an hour away.  My dealer is 60 miles away and I still get great service

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 08:25:06 am »
Here's my 2 cents...I own an Epic and there have been times I was unsure about the Trizone, but the more I use it the more I like it. You can have full power to a seat and sit there "forever" without stinging.  The therapy tower is awesome.

We wet tested Vita spas also.  I don't remember the model.  Yes, they have power but you can't sit in those seats on full power for very long.  They blew me out of the seat.  Then when the power was turned down it wasn't enough.

You'll get a much better warranty with Marquis and
rick in cleveland is right when he says Vita is not in the same ballpark as Marquis.

Good luck with your choice.  It ultimately comes down to what is best for you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:28:30 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 10:54:45 am »
Marquis vs Vita.  A no brainer.... a level one spa vs a level two   but how the feel to you is most important.  Don't worry about the dealer being an hour away.  My dealer is 60 miles away and I still get great service

Which is which?

Seriously though, you say don't worry about the dealer being 100 miles away but then you qualify that by saying yours is 60 miles away but all is fine becaue you still get great service. Maybe that's because you have a great dealer which alleviates the milage concern. I definitely would take into account my confidence factor in the dealer being 100 miels away and that would be an issue for me UNLESS I too felt good about my dealer. If I did not feel good about the dealer I'd seriously have to think twice before buying a spa from them, regardless of the brand. I'd also get in writing what they would charge for a "trip" fee for any warranty service.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 11:21:29 am »
Here's my 2 cents...I own an Epic and there have been times I was unsure about the Trizone, but the more I use it the more I like it. You can have full power to a seat and sit there "forever" without stinging.  The therapy tower is awesome.

We wet tested Vita spas also.  I don't remember the model.  Yes, they have power but you can't sit in those seats on full power for very long.  They blew me out of the seat.  Then when the power was turned down it wasn't enough.

rick in cleveland is right when he says Vita is not in the same ballpark as Marquis.

I agree with Cappy.   There can be a thing as too powerful.  It's nice to have it when you really want to work a sore spot,  but most of the time, I personaly prefer a lighter touchand s ometimes,  no jets at all. Just a quiet soak in hot water... Wet test, and having a variety of settings works best for me.
07 Caldera Geneva

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 12:42:52 pm »
I think he said his dealer is 1 hr away.  Mine is 60 miles and thats 1 hr here.  I have had no problem with the dealer being responsive at that distance but 100 miles I might think thats alittle far but then again if you like the spa you might be ok with the distance

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 12:51:19 pm »
I think he said his dealer is 1 hr away.  Mine is 60 miles and thats 1 hr here.  I have had no problem with the dealer being responsive at that distance but 100 miles I might think thats alittle far but then again if you like the spa you might be ok with the distance

Hmmm, my bad. I thought I read that he was 100 miles away. I'm either going senile, am mixing him up with someone else or am still having trouble with that damn time change.

1 hr certainly is better than 100 miles away.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 01:07:10 pm »

Here's my 2 cents...I own an Epic and there have been times I was unsure about the Trizone, but the more I use it the more I like it. You can have full power to a seat and sit there "forever" without stinging.  The therapy tower is awesome.

I can make no judgement about Marquis as I did not wet test them due to distance to the dealer. But I can say that adjusting power has not been an issue in my Reflections Granada, made by same company as Vita,  nor was it when I wet tested the Cabaret. It is great to have full power when you want it and with the use of the diverters available and the 2 speed pumps I can dial it all the way from full blast to nothing and everything in between. And having a very strong jet was important as my girlfriend likes the massage strong while I like it medium at most. But the foot dome allows us to easily stay in any seat no matter what the pressure.

The Cabaret doesn't have a foot dome like the Rendezvous or the Granada so it could be more an issue although I didn't recall it being a problem. And the therapy chair in the Cabaret was very nice. I especially liked the foot jets that worked both the bottom AND top of your foot at the same time.

Not sure what makes a company "level one" vs "level two" or in the same ballpark but I am happy with mine. It isn't perfect but I doubt I would find a spa by any manufacturer that I thought was perfect.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 01:09:29 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

cappykat

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 03:10:01 pm »
It isn't perfect but I doubt I would find a spa by any manufacturer that I thought was perfect

tanstaafl2...I agree with your comment.  We're all subjective when it comes to our hot-tubs anyway.  I don't think I have the "perfect" tub either but I get what I need from it.
2005 Marquis Epic

Juan Carlos

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 03:27:43 pm »
To: Midig8r I’m thinking of getting this spa Vita Spa Carberet over Hotspring and Caldera. How did the Carberet turn out to be in the long run? Do you still have it? if not how long did it last? Thanks JC.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 03:27:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42