What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Superior Spas  (Read 11889 times)

SIRAULY

Superior Spas
« on: September 02, 2004, 10:10:13 pm »
Has anyone ever heard of Superior Spas?  I have been speaking with someone at Wholesale Hot Tubs and they seem pretty good for the money....similar buying process as Gulf Coast Spas, if anyone has ever heard of them.  It seems like you get a pretty nice spa for the money, but have not found too many reviews from people out on the web.  Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks! :)

Hot Tub Forum

Superior Spas
« on: September 02, 2004, 10:10:13 pm »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Re: Superior Spas
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 10:23:17 pm »
With a name like Superior spas how can yea go wrong lol....Just the name tell yea their spas are better then Hotspring and Sundance and all the others.wish I new about superior brfore I bought my Jacuzzi lol.JohnnyT :)

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 10:35:35 pm »
OUCH"!!!!!!!!!!!" :o ::) :P

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 11:09:27 pm »
I did a search on two forums and didn't come up with anything. I haven't heard of them. I don't think they've ever been mentioned here. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're not good. But I might be concerned. Some of the long time people in the bis here might be able to shed more light. I'd be leary myself. They're not made by Haven by any chance? ;)

SIRAULY

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 11:19:29 pm »
No, they are not made by Haven.  I believe they are manufactured in Oklahoma.  The website is superiorspasonline.com.  Thanks for your help!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 11:24:36 pm »
Why are you buying a Spa on the internet,I would not buy a car from the net.If you are going CHEAP i am sure there are many dealers in your area that can sell you a cheap spa that some of use that have heard.But i would neverrrrr buy a high priced item like a spa without first looking at.JohnnyT

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 12:15:37 am »
Even if they make a good product, I would think the issue of after purchase service could be problematic. Keep doing your research here and other places. You might want to check these forums too.

http://www.poolsearch.com/forum/list.php?f=8

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl

There was one thread on the first link above regarding Superior but nobody knew very much about them.

And another long thread on the second link. Be sure to search back to April 2004. Enter "Superior Spas" (without quotation marks) and search for exact phrase.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 12:36:51 am by Warkovision »

SIRAULY

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 06:34:39 am »
I did find some comments on "rhtubs" regarding them....nothing negative that I could see.  Also, I am not buying it on the internet, there is a wholesaler right in my town and I have gone and seen a couple of the models....and wet tested them as well.  They look really good, it's just the price is so much lower it makes me nervous.  The other larger name spa dealers in the area are familiar with this person, they have not made any negative comments regarding him....other than that they would be concerned about "service issues".  

Thanks for the feedback!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 11:09:32 pm »
While you are at it go to a Gulf Coast warehouse.Prices are the same and you get what you pay for when it comes to spas.Spend a few dollars more and get something that gives year a real 5 years and parts..JohnnyT ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 07:59:16 am »
If you could wet test might be a big factor. After looking at thier website, they do offer some unique looking tubs.  Their marketing people are a little generous when labeling the number of people a model holds, but that is common in the industry.  I told my dealer I wanted a tub that holds 4 people comfortably, and if that meant a 6 person spa, then that is what I wanted.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 11:41:51 am »
Sirauly,

Another Okie here (but not from Muskogee  ;)), and I have heard of Wholesale Hot Tubs and Superior.  They appeared to be pretty nice spas.  The day I was going to visit the showroom, they were closed (hubby went to the moonlight madness sale at TLC next door, and I didn't really care about any more orchids)...lol!!!

I have a friend that did go and look, and they seem to be pretty on the ball about things.  They almost insisted she wet test.  They seem to be pretty well made.

I don't know anyone who has one of their spas, but I don't think you should count them out.  They may not be one of the bigger players, but at the price point, I'm sure they are better than the Morgan's around here!!!

I have a neighbor that bought a pool from them, and have had no problems with servicing.

Good luck!  Be sure and check out Emerald Pool and Spas, they sell LA Spas.  All the other dealers I looked at last year, are not in the business anymore!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 07:36:47 pm »
If this is the company out of Oklahoma, small manufacturer that cuts lots of corners for the sake of price.  I have heard service issues related to them. Like all products with this manufacturing philosophy, the money you save today is money that you'll spend everyday of the year plus much more for years to come in many ways.

I know that there is a Marquis dealer in the Tulsa area, look them up. :) ;)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 12:15:55 pm »
Rocket,

The only problem, Tulsa is quite a drive from Oklahoma City (which is where Superior is).

There is already a Marquis dealer in Oklahoma City.  Maybe they already looked at them?
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

SIRAULY

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004, 12:47:37 pm »
Looks like I am going with Superior...thanks to all for your help.  I'll let you know how it turns out. :) :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004, 12:47:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42