What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for a new Hot Tub...  (Read 2558 times)

Bossy

Looking for a new Hot Tub...
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:28:12 pm »
My 15 year old Hot Spring Landmark Tub is on it's last leg and I am looking to replace it.  I'm undecided if I want to go with Hot Spring again and would like to check out what other brands are available in my area.  Bullfrog seems to be one of them.  What's the general consensus on them?  The Jetpaks seem to be a bit gimmicky but are they a good quality tub? 

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for a new Hot Tub...
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:28:12 pm »

Sam

Re: Looking for a new Hot Tub...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 02:33:09 pm »
They are a great quality tub and in my opinion match up well with any other high-end manufacturer.  The whole "jetpaks are gimmicky" thing just shows a lack of understanding about the design.  I'll quote my post in another thread below.

It's not necessarily about moving packs around, as I've said a million times.  It's about being able to decide what massage goes in which seat when you purchase the hot tub.  There are about 20 different choices and they all feel different.  Some of the massage types can only be found in a Bullfrog.  It's about being able to change your jets down the road if your needs change.  It's about being able to upgrade or change jets as new ones come out.  It's about less holes in the shell and less plumbing connections.  You can argue the merit of that, and that's fine.

Though I will say, I have plenty of customers who do indeed move the jets.  For example, both she and he like the lounger seat.  She prefers the neck jets and he prefers the figure 8 jetpak.  They take turns in the lounger seat and swap their preferred jetpaks when they do. It takes 5 seconds.  Each seat sits differently.  In a Bullfrog you pick the seat that fits you best, then put the jets that you prefer in that seat.  In every other hot tub in the world, you are stuck with whatever jet configuration happens to be in the seat that fits you.

I'd say that's far from gimmicky and certainly only possible on a Bullfrog Spa.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 05:48:16 pm »
My 15 year old Hot Spring Landmark Tub is on it's last leg and I am looking to replace it.  I'm undecided if I want to go with Hot Spring again and would like to check out what other brands are available in my area.  Bullfrog seems to be one of them.  What's the general consensus on them?  The Jetpaks seem to be a bit gimmicky but are they a good quality tub?

I think this is one where you can judge for yourself.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bossy

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:08:17 pm »
They are a great quality tub and in my opinion match up well with any other high-end manufacturer.  The whole "jetpaks are gimmicky" thing just shows a lack of understanding about the design.  I'll quote my post in another thread below.

It's not necessarily about moving packs around, as I've said a million times.  It's about being able to decide what massage goes in which seat when you purchase the hot tub.  There are about 20 different choices and they all feel different.  Some of the massage types can only be found in a Bullfrog.  It's about being able to change your jets down the road if your needs change.  It's about being able to upgrade or change jets as new ones come out.  It's about less holes in the shell and less plumbing connections.  You can argue the merit of that, and that's fine.

Though I will say, I have plenty of customers who do indeed move the jets.  For example, both she and he like the lounger seat.  She prefers the neck jets and he prefers the figure 8 jetpak.  They take turns in the lounger seat and swap their preferred jetpaks when they do. It takes 5 seconds.  Each seat sits differently.  In a Bullfrog you pick the seat that fits you best, then put the jets that you prefer in that seat.  In every other hot tub in the world, you are stuck with whatever jet configuration happens to be in the seat that fits you.

I'd say that's far from gimmicky and certainly only possible on a Bullfrog Spa.

Thanks for the reply.  They look like nice tubs from what I see on their website.  I've read somewhere that there was a problem with Algea growth behind the Jetpaks?  Is that still an issue?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:36:14 pm »
I am not a Bullfrog dealer as a matter of fact I compete against them every know and then. I don’t think jet packs are gimmicky at all. I think Bullfrog makes a fine Tub and the algae behind jet packs is not a issue anymore. The only thing I have noticed with them is the Jet Paks take up a lot of room in a tub so you almost have to buy the next size up to have the same amount of room in the tub. Other then that they make a nice looking tub.

Beck0101

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 10:29:25 am »
I'm an A8 owner coming up on two years now.  My neighborhood is full of them.  Among of 5 +/- of us I think the only issue any of us has had was a jet button needing to be replaced (under warranty).  The Bullfrog tubs are great. 

I don't think the jet packs are particularly great for their ability to be swapped but I do like that they can be customized heavily and easily at the time of purchase.

Once I settled on my favorite seat, favorite jet pack, it never moved again.  The others get swapped every now and again but not regularly...

Johnnywr10

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 01:07:21 pm »
Ironic Beck, my A8 got delivered last week, and one of the auxillary jet buttons did not light up. Maybe they need to pay a little closer attention to this small detail. It turned the jets on and off, but no LED light. The tech came out a few days ago and said "well, there's not a light in there. It must have fallen off and is down in the cabinet, so we'll order what you need and come back out and get it replaced." The hottub performs fantastic.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 01:07:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42