What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Mnfg'r can offer other spa -cabinet combinations  (Read 3517 times)

zacman

Mnfg'r can offer other spa -cabinet combinations
« on: August 25, 2004, 11:40:58 pm »
I am posting this in case it may help  someone out who just can't get the right spa color and cabinet color combination.  I was considering the Endural white shell and the grey cabinet in the HS Vanguard.  The dealer said it could not be done, was not offered, and that the Endural only came with the redwood color, etc, and showed me the literature and a wheel chart, and he was right - it was not offered.  But because the spas were the same size and the cabinets the same size, I thought they should be interchangeable - so I e-mailed the HS mfgr.  They called and advised that it could be ordered that way, but I needed to place the order with the dealer, and there might be an additional cost, but they were not certain it would cost more.  So if anyone is set on a particular color combination but are told they cannot get it, they might want to try to contact the mfgr. or have the dealer do so. . .

Hot Tub Forum

Mnfg'r can offer other spa -cabinet combinations
« on: August 25, 2004, 11:40:58 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Mnfg'r can offer other spa -cabinet combinatio
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 12:15:38 am »
Most have guidelines in place to simplify the manufacturing process. Very few are willing to lose a sale over alterations to this guideline. HS is known for doing what needs to be done to keep their customers happy and that's the way it should be.

It's a matter of placing a flat, acrylic sheet over a specific mold, bake on high (grease the pan lightly) and wala... your hot tub! ;D

Chef Steve ;)

spaguyohio

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:12:23 am »
Just like anything else, what they offer is what Ive heard dealers call "quick ship." This color shell and this color skirt.  This way, they get the spa to you quicker, which is important to you, and in most instances, the salesman doesnt get his commission till it ships, so he wants you to take delivery ASAP. If they have to special order a shell/skirt combo it could take a lil extra time and also the salesman has to wait to be paid on it.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 10:41:24 am »
Yes, there is some flexibility. I am fortunate enough to live somewhat close to the plant, so I can go get a special order along with my regular order. So - for me- it generally doesn't add cost, though it frequently adds time to the order.

Your dealer may have to get spas in truckloads and warehouse them, and as a result, it may cost him more to get a special order.

Also, these special orders take the approval of our regional rep - I can't simply punch in an order for a green spa with brown siding - the computer doesn't allow it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 03:52:37 pm »
Your dealer may have to get spas in truckloads and warehouse them, and as a result, it may cost him more to get a special order.

Also, these special orders take the approval of our regional rep - I can't simply punch in an order for a green spa with brown siding - the computer doesn't allow it.

Being the reasonable accomodating dealer you seem to be, do you ask for an additional non-refundable deposit for a special order like that?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spaguyohio

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 09:30:26 am »
I did special order my tub, and asked if there was an additional cost. NONE whatsoever. The price we negotiated is what I paid. No extra down payment, etc. The only stipulation was that since it was a special order, was non refundable, non cancellable, non returnable. I was fine with that, and have loved soaking in my tub ever since.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 05:33:23 am »

Being the reasonable accomodating dealer you seem to be, do you ask for an additional non-refundable deposit for a special order like that?

Case by case. I don't order a spa for anyone without a deposit anyway, so I generally wouldn't need 'extra' to get a special one.

Keep in mind, I live near the plant, so I have more flexibility in my ordering process than dealers who live on the the strange side of the country... ;) But I can't return a spa to the factory once I have picked it up - not a regular spa and certainly not a special order.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 05:33:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42