What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which hot tubs to look in to?  (Read 3564 times)

Rockisy

Which hot tubs to look in to?
« on: January 05, 2018, 01:39:00 pm »
Hello everyone. WE bought a Sundance Royale back in 1996, and it just stopped working a couple years back. Now, we are on the hunt for a new tub. We are thinking around $6000 or less, and it needs to be 7'7" x 7'7" or smaller, 6 person capacity. We just want a lounge and for it to last a while. We have been browsing the internet for options but there are so many and it is so hard to find a price that we don't know where to start. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Which hot tubs to look in to?
« on: January 05, 2018, 01:39:00 pm »

castletonia

Re: Which hot tubs to look in to?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:54:08 pm »
I would generally say that Hot Spring, Sundance, Bullfrog, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Artesian, D1, and Arctic are all considered the premium brands.  Your issue will be that today, $6,000 doesn't get you a lot of hot tub.  You may struggle to find any quality hot tub that is 6-person capacity that is under $6,000. 

You got almost 22 years out of your Sundance, which is great and if you are looking for similar longevity today, I think you will have to increase your budget by at least 50%, assuming you are set on a 5-6 person hot tub.  If you want to stay as close to that $6,000 price, then I would look into the Caldera Palatino / Hot Spring Tempo, Bullfrog X8 / X8L, Jacuzzi J275/J280 and Sundance McKinley / Ramona. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 11:51:50 am »
I would generally say that Hot Spring, Sundance, Bullfrog, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Artesian, D1, and Arctic are all considered the premium brands.  Your issue will be that today, $6,000 doesn't get you a lot of hot tub.  You may struggle to find any quality hot tub that is 6-person capacity that is under $6,000. 

You got almost 22 years out of your Sundance, which is great and if you are looking for similar longevity today, I think you will have to increase your budget by at least 50%, assuming you are set on a 5-6 person hot tub.  If you want to stay as close to that $6,000 price, then I would look into the Caldera Palatino / Hot Spring Tempo, Bullfrog X8 / X8L, Jacuzzi J275/J280 and Sundance McKinley / Ramona.

This....only tub I can think of that would be close to that would be maybe a Nordic Jubilee, you can get 4-5 bodies in it and we sell it for just under 6k with accessories, other than that I agree with Castletonia in that  I cannot think of anything of real quality in a true 6 person tub for that price, 8-9k is a more realistic budget in 2018 for that type of spa

JacuzziJack

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 10:29:09 am »
Was your previous spa kept indoors? Thats a long life.

Rockisy

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 03:33:51 pm »

Do you have an estimated price for those ones you recommended? sorry for the late reply. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 03:33:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42