What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How many days?  (Read 3447 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
How many days?
« on: August 17, 2017, 10:49:41 am »
AC repairman was asking me about my hot tub.  Two of the questions, How long have you owned it?  I told him, this tub is coming up on 5 years old, but we owned another one for 9 years before that.  The follow up was  How often do you use it.  My answer was probably around 300 days a year.  That might be low and there are days when we are on a cruise using someone else's hot tub.

I remember when I first got mine the jealous people said the novelty will wear off and you won't use it.   If there is ever a warrant out for me, have them check my hottub at 10pm.

How often do you use yours?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

How many days?
« on: August 17, 2017, 10:49:41 am »

richierich

Re: How many days?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:00:46 am »
We use our tub 5-7 times a week. Usually mornings.

Conine2965

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:30:03 pm »
4 or 5 days a week

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:37:01 pm »
 I haven't been in mine for probably 2 months.  The kids with friends have been in quite a bit, going from the pool to the spa to warm up. (non heated 25' above ground pool)   Winter I use it way more, 3 or 4, 5 times a week.   

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 09:19:08 pm »
Winter time I use mine almost daily. This time of year I hang out by pool more often plus I work crazy hours and have the time I just wAnt to crash when I'm home

SnowHot

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 01:35:27 pm »
AC repairman was asking me about my hot tub.  Two of the questions, How long have you owned it?  I told him, this tub is coming up on 5 years old, but we owned another one for 9 years before that.  The follow up was  How often do you use it.  My answer was probably around 300 days a year.  That might be low and there are days when we are on a cruise using someone else's hot tub.

I remember when I first got mine the jealous people said the novelty will wear off and you won't use it.   If there is ever a warrant out for me, have them check my hottub at 10pm.

How often do you use yours?
This made me chuckle.
I would tell the AC repair guy, I use my spa more often than I use my AC.
We had similar comments when we got our hot tub over 5 years ago -
  • You'll get bored with it
    Your electric bill will go through the roof
    You'll fight the chemistry
    ...and so on

We had the good sense to take advice from the good folks here when we were told to put it someplace that is convenient to access.
When we went through a heat wave this summer we didn't use it for several weeks, but most often we're using it nearly every day. We used to use it in the evenings with a cocktail, but now we use it more in the morning to start our day.
We started our own business 2 years ago and we find that we come up with some brilliant ideas when we're in the "think tank"

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 05:34:48 pm »
I use mine at least once a day.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

bayviewbums

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 01:26:19 pm »
Okay this made me laugh about the warrant!  We just had our spa delivered yesterday. I feel down during the process. Ouch. Pretty sore this morning. My husband is filling it now and we are in the set up process. I am a bit overwhelmed. After the fall yesterday I am pretty excited to get in...hopefully soon! The chemical part is mind boggling. Like learning a new language.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 01:26:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42