What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacing headrests  (Read 3217 times)

SnowHot

Replacing headrests
« on: September 23, 2017, 01:15:50 pm »
We bought our Jacuzzi 5 years ago. We found the headrests were flaking after a year(the spa was 4-ish years old at the time) so we replaced them. Here we are 4 years later and we're finding that the headrests are more difficult to keep clean. 
Part of this issue may be that we had a hella heat wave this summer so we didn't use it much and the spa was closed up with the occasional chemical check and off gas.
I feel like they stay in better shape when we're using the spa a lot more, but that may be because the cover is off more frequently.

My question is this.
Is it normal to replace the headrests about every 4 years?
My common sense says that time frame isn't unacceptable.
What are others finding?

Hot Tub Forum

Replacing headrests
« on: September 23, 2017, 01:15:50 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Replacing headrests
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 01:21:19 pm »
It can vary but I would say overall within 4-6 years you'll probably replace pillows on average...for Jacuzzi I highly recommend buying them online, should be able to get them for around $40 a pop or so, a dealer will prob. want $60-$70 a pop

SnowHot

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 01:33:09 pm »
Thanks.
The last time we replaced them we did a little on line shopping, but also checked with the dealer.
While the dealer was a little more, his price wasn't terrible. It was worthwhile to buy from him.

I will say, we did our research and decided on a Jacuzzi, planning on buying from this dealer, but found an amazing opportunity to buy the used spa that we currently have. I always wonder how the dealer will work with you if you don't buy from them, but this dealer has been incredible. He understands that the deal we got was something we couldn't pass up and he does his best to keep our business, knowing that we'll likely replace this spa some day.  He's our guy!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:02:07 am »
 I haven't had head rest in my Jacuzzi for a couple of years, and I can get them at cost.    Since moving to BF spas, the only thing we stock for Jacuzzi is filters and clear ray bulbs. and once were out of bulbs bye, bye to those as well. 

JacuzziJack

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:51:11 am »
Here's an idea to consider: you might consider re-spraying your old ones (or the ones you plan to replace) with a heavy rubberized spray paint and see how that holds up. If you could get another 3-4 years out of a $5 can of paint, that's not a bad deal. I personally haven't done this with our hot tub, but I did buy the rubberized spray paint ....just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. The way I look at it, I don't have anything to loose other than a can of paint. But I think it would work pretty well.

Let them dry thoroughly (several days in the sun), flake off any flaky things, prep according to directions ...you might rub down with a paint thinner to soften up the previous coating (so the new one will bond more securely)  ....and spray. They have lots of different colors:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-FlexiDip-11-oz-Dark-Gray-Spray-Paint-276292/204726075

If anyone has tried this, I'd like to know how well it holds up.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:57:21 am by JacuzziJack »

SnowHot

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »
Thanks all, as always you're very helpful.
I've cleaned the current head rests up pretty well and will see how they do in the next cycle .

Jacuzzi Jim, I hadn't realized you were no longer  a Jacuzzi dealer. I guess I'm not around here often enough.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 11:58:12 pm »
I've cleaned the current head rests up pretty well and will see how they do in the next cycle .

Jacuzzi Jim, I hadn't realized you were no longer  a Jacuzzi dealer. I guess I'm not around here often enough.

Yeah they dropped us,  their loss..  Closest Jacuzzi dealer is 70 miles away now.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 11:31:04 am »

Yeah they dropped us,  their loss..  Closest Jacuzzi dealer is 70 miles away now.

They dropped you? I assumed it was the other way around. Was it because you took on another line and they didn't like that?

I really think the change to Jetpack Jim is in order!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »

They dropped you? I assumed it was the other way around. Was it because you took on another line and they didn't like that?

Yeah they dropped us, not enough spa's of theirs per floor space.   The new rep was cocky and also thought the local Sundance dealer (uh umm I use to work for)  would bring them on, not so much.   ;)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 07:37:15 pm »

I like that "Jetpack Jim" is how I'm going to refer to you now lol. Should change your name on here!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 07:37:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42