What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Please!  (Read 4076 times)

krijkee

Help Please!
« on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »
Hi,

Would appreciate any opinions on the following 3 hot tubs;

Firstly, we need a big tub as we are a growing family.

It will be at a cabin at a mountain in the Pacific NW.

We are there 60% of the time and rent it 40% of the time (but nobody is there midweek at all, only weekends mostly). Will be used after skiing and hiking.

The Marquis V94. Like almost everything about it except the headrests are weird. Price of $8400 all in for everything.

Caldera Salina. Seats sit lower in this than the V94 with its different level seating, but a good size still. $9000. With Ozone included.

Thrown the Artesian Grand Cayman in the mix just today after looking. Quoted $8800 all in. this one seems a tad overpriced for what it is, but I'm not sure?

I know it's mostly a personal preference from wet testing, but we are still torn on which to go with.

Anyone have an opinion on both hot tub and price? Any others we should throw into the mix?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:57:01 am by krijkee »

Hot Tub Forum

Help Please!
« on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »

Conine2965

Re: Marquis V94 price and Caldera Salina
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:53:25 am »
I have a V94L paid 7500 in July in Albany N.Y. only came with inline chlorinator. Great tub ask any questions would be happy to answer.

krijkee

Re: Help Please!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:26:08 am »
Conine, do you think the multi level seats are better than one level in the V94? We have 3 smaller boys right now, but before long they'll be 6 feet.

Conine2965

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 08:40:12 am »
I came from a 2004 Caldera Tahitian Utopia with a single level seating we are a family of 5(all different heights). We definitely pefer the different height seats. I did like the Cayman also but was over 1k more than the 94.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 11:17:46 am »
Wet test.

Wet test.

Wet test.

Then, decide what units are comfortable.  All three units are good quality.  The Grand Cayman has many models- Which one?  (I know Artesian kinda well).  But go with COMFORT, then research the dealer, then decide on the unit.

bwspa

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 12:25:01 pm »
I liked many but choose a Grand Bahama Elite.  Really like the direct flow system.    I think you should be able to get into the Elite version for that price range or just slightly more, seems high for the base model. Took about three weeks for a custom order to be shipped to the dealer and just had it delivered two days ago

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 03:29:44 pm »
All good spas.  Cannot comment on the Artesian price, but being I am a Caldera dealer and was a Marquis dealer, I can offer my two cents. 

Conine2965's price on the V94 should not be expected unless it is a blemished unit.  What options are included in your $8400 price (full foam, ozone, lights, in-line sanitation are all optional).  I will agree that the placement of the headrests in a few of the seats is odd.  I actually wished they didn't put headrests on one of the seats.

I'm at $9500 without ozone on the Salina, so I would say good price.  Caldera has a $500 factory rebate sale going on right now, just an FYI.  Caldera has a 5 year warranty vs 3 year on Marquis.  They also have the 24hr circulation pump which I like because of reduced noise, lower operating cost, continuous ozone introduction to the water, and in my opinion I think it does a better job filtering.  Therapy is a personal preference.

Factor the dealer into your decision too.  They are the ones that are too support you after the sale and can be the difference between a good ownership experience and a bad one. 

Conine2965

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 05:22:37 pm »
I got lucky on my price dealer had 1 94L left and wanted to get rid of it said loungers don't sell.

krijkee

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 09:37:09 pm »
All good spas.  Cannot comment on the Artesian price, but being I am a Caldera dealer and was a Marquis dealer, I can offer my two cents. 

Conine2965's price on the V94 should not be expected unless it is a blemished unit.  What options are included in your $8400 price (full foam, ozone, lights, in-line sanitation are all optional).  I will agree that the placement of the headrests in a few of the seats is odd.  I actually wished they didn't put headrests on one of the seats.

I'm at $9500 without ozone on the Salina, so I would say good price.  Caldera has a $500 factory rebate sale going on right now, just an FYI.  Caldera has a 5 year warranty vs 3 year on Marquis.  They also have the 24hr circulation pump which I like because of reduced noise, lower operating cost, continuous ozone introduction to the water, and in my opinion I think it does a better job filtering.  Therapy is a personal preference.

Factor the dealer into your decision too.  They are the ones that are too support you after the sale and can be the difference between a good ownership experience and a bad one.

The V94 price included the inline system, also delivery, lift, cover, removal of an old hot tub.

Is the ozone upgrade necessary?

Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:30:37 pm by krijkee »

silversun

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 06:36:04 am »
I had a dealer down to $8500 (pre-tax) on the salina, with ozone. in new england.

Conine2965

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 08:58:46 am »
My ozone in my 1st tub lasted about 2 years then replacement didn't last much longer. I never really missed it when it wasn't working so my opinion is not worth any extra. I'm almost 3 months with new tub and don't notice the lack of ozone at all.

krijkee

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 05:01:52 pm »
That Grand Cayman is not the elite. It's the basic 45 jet tub. They want 11k for the elite.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 05:01:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42