What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Frog (use just mineral cartridge and regular bromine floater)  (Read 4657 times)

sergey

Hello All
I have a question about Spa Frog system.
Is it possible to use just mineral cartridge(put it in a filter) and regular bromine floater ?
The cartridges are expensive :)
Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Racenut

Re: Spa Frog (use just mineral cartridge and regular bromine floater)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 02:41:51 pm »
Since I put a regular floater in, my bromine levels have been more consistent.  I'm not sure if there's something about the spafrog granules or the dispenser itself, but even with it wide open, I was having trouble keeping bromine levels up.  We tried it because the dealer gave it to us on delivery, with our old tub, we had always used bromine tabs with good luck.  I chased bromine levels for a month, then got a floater and I'll probably just toss it when the mineral cartridge is used up.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 02:42:22 pm »
Yes, but you will want to buy the SpaFrog In-Filter stick.  It's the same as what the Blue Mineral Cartridge, but it's skinnier and longer and designed to fit in the middle of a filter. 

Bill

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:34:36 pm »
Not sure why you couldn't use just the mineral cartridge and leave the bromine cartridge out of the chamber. 
Yes, replacement bromine cartridges get costly so you have to look for deals and buy in bulk - 12 or more at a time. I have been reloading cartridges with good success for almost a year.  A real $$ saver.

sergey

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 01:40:41 pm »
Just one mineral cartridge in a floater and second bromine floater would look weird :)
I do not want to refill Frog's bromine cartridge - I'd rather use regular one with a from insert for a filter.
Personalty I do not like a look of a floater with 2 cartridges in it.. :-)

Bill

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »
Sergey,
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you had an inline spa frog system that uses a double cartridge set up (one mineral, one bromine). My mistake.
Bill

sergey

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 08:42:26 am »
That would be great :) But no :(

bradleyabell

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 02:19:49 pm »
If I use the spa frog filter mineral stick with a floating bromine dispenser, Should I keep the bromine dispenser in the filter area as well?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 02:19:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42