What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOT SPRING OVER SUNDANCE  (Read 8906 times)

SWAMPER

HOT SPRING OVER SUNDANCE
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:16:16 pm »
we have been looking and looking and think we have it down to two brands, the Hot Spring Grandee NXT or the Sundance Optima (and slight chance the Kingston)
but hard to pick one and reading reviews is hard to pick both get good and bad, anyone have these and what do you think

thanks
Rick

Hot Tub Forum

HOT SPRING OVER SUNDANCE
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:16:16 pm »

mpkelley20

Re: HOT SPRING OVER SUNDANCE
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 04:07:12 pm »
Wet test both.  See which one you like best as everyone is different and your body will react differently.  Both brands are top brands along with Marquis, Caldera, Bullfrog and a few others.  The decision should come down to the features the tub has that appeal to you and how you feel soaking in it.  You might love the look of a certain tub but find you can't stand the feel of the jets or you are being blown out of the tub.  I didn't believe how important it was to actually try the tubs until my dealer convinced me to try.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »
Yep, both are top of the line spas.  Wet test and pick the one that best meets your needs.  You can't go wrong with either.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 06:29:56 pm »
As stated wet test both (especially the Grandee, I sit like a rock in a Aria/Vanguard but float like hell in a Grandee) Everyone has their own opinions/preferences but Sundance doesn't even make my top 5 brands so for me the choice would be easy.  Good Luck!

TemptingDestiny

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 07:40:10 pm »
I think you should compare the Sundance Optima more to the Limelight Pulse. The Grandee NXT is nothing like the Sundance.

SWAMPER

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 08:19:26 am »
we are wet testing this week so will see if we have any likes or dislikes with the tubs would like to try bullfrog as well but only dealer is 45min. away and not sure if getting service down the road would be an issue

SWAMPER

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 10:30:15 am »
get to wet test the Hot Springs tub today :) then the sundance on saturday

JoeCappi

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 09:27:41 am »
I just wet tested the Optima and the Pulse. Pretty close for me. I like the lighting in the pulse. Optima had stronger jets. both are comfortable. I like the filtration set up in the Optima better. The Grandee is a different tub all together. Different jets. no foot dome which was a miss for me. i need the foot dome. i am having a hard time making a decision as well.

hottubsforhumans

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 10:43:23 am »
what did you decide on?

silversun

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 12:20:03 pm »
I looked at the Hotsprings Pulse, Grandee and Sundance Optima (among others) , and ultimately went with the Optima. They were all fairly close, but it came down to a combination of:

- layout: I disliked the use of space in the grandee. the placement of the filter removes an entire corner. It also had no foot dome, which was important to me.
- I liked the sundance water care options better than hot springs. Mineral cartridge + UV + (aftermarket) Ozone = less chlorine. Hot springs is Ozone only, i think.
- Wasn't sold on the moto massage. Didn't feel as powerful as the optima.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 12:29:31 pm »
I looked at the Hotsprings Pulse, Grandee and Sundance Optima (among others) , and ultimately went with the Optima. They were all fairly close, but it came down to a combination of:

- layout: I disliked the use of space in the grandee. the placement of the filter removes an entire corner. It also had no foot dome, which was important to me.
- I liked the sundance water care options better than hot springs. Mineral cartridge + UV + (aftermarket) Ozone = less chlorine. Hot springs is Ozone only, i think.
That is amusing.  With Hot Spring, ozone and mineral = virtually no chlorine when done right.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 02:19:29 pm »

If you chose your tub based on #1 and #3 alone then that's fine because that's a personal choice which runs along the lines of why we tell people to wet test because it helps you decide what works best for you.

The #2 reason is where salesmanship came into play. EVERY hot tub made can have a mineral cartridge (heck you can put 2 in if you want) and every hot tub can run on ozone. The UV is basically an added sales tool also, its difficult to say if its really doing anything for you and if the bulb goes out I suspect you'll never notice a difference.

Congrats on the purchase, its a fine brand/model.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bwspa

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 12:43:24 pm »
Check out Marquis, Bullfrog and Artesian if you have dealers nearby.  The motomassage of Hot Springs did nothing for me, very underwhelming, but I did like the corner seat of the Aria.  The Marquis Epic and the Artesian Grand Bahama Elite were my finalists and I chose the Artesian.  It was a toss-up, but the direct flow system impressed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 12:43:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42