What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cover lifter/  Which one??  (Read 2606 times)

taraka

cover lifter/  Which one??
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:43:56 pm »
Ordering my Sundance Altamar soon and dealer will not through in the cover lifter. Getting the ozone instead for free.

Questions are:
Which cover lifter do you like best? and Why?
Can any cover lifter work on any spa?
???

Hot Tub Forum

cover lifter/  Which one??
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:43:56 pm »

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Re: cover lifter/  Which one??
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:56:25 pm »
Which cover lifter?

Well it depends on your means and the application.

For a plain no nonsence lifter, I like the EZ lifter. Takes me about 15 minutes to install and is simple to operate. I does require 18" clearance behind the spa. Can be used on round spas with the optional lifter 'feet'.

I also like the Cover Valet. A little more complex to install, it requires very little clearance behind the spa and lifts the cover vertical, above the spa bartop so it can be used on spas sunken in a deck or that have a skirt-mounted gazebo installed. The lifter has gas-shock assists that make the removal one handed operation-- Do need to be wary though, gas shock lifters require regular maintenance and you need to be sure to 'unlock' the gas shock before you open the cover.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 11:36:24 pm »
We wanted a lifter with minimal clearance behind the tub so we ended up with a piston lifter.  The Sundance Spas come with covers made by Ideal.  Our dealer gave us the "Ideal Cover Lifter".  It's VERY easy to open and close.  Only problem is that it keeps the cover upright and very high so if your tub is out in the open you might not want that.  For us it's going to up against a lattice screen and for now provides privacy on the one side.

Here's a link to the "Ideal Cover Lift":

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/ideal-lift.htm
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

spaguyohio

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 09:28:09 am »
I have and like the "Cover Butler." My dealer threw it in for free (yeah right they figured it in the cost ). Anyway, its a good product, simply to use. Im right handed, and can take the cover on and off with my left hand and pinky.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 10:21:44 am »
Included in our deal was a Coverlift II.  Needs about 23" clearance.  Works fine.  Minimal cover above tub (about 2.5'--just enough for a little privacy/light blocking).  This is advantageous for tubs subject to wind loads, as mine is.  This unit is mounted by resting the tub on the brackets so no attachment problems are encountered as with some other lifter/cabinet combinations.  Also, no moving parts to weather/wear as with piston units but not as easy to operate as piston units.  I'm happy with it and will keep it.  I'll post pics once my vinyl siding on my house is completed...hopefully within a week or so.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 10:21:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42