What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flo error on sundance hot tub  (Read 3112 times)

Tennery

Flo error on sundance hot tub
« on: July 28, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
I have had my Sundance hot tub for over a year. Got it from a friend so no idea of model or year. First I have ever owned. Has worked great for the whole year until now. Flo error came up. No buttons will work when error is on. I removed filter, but error did not clear. It is a new filter. About a month old. I cleaned it anyway. I used the hose in the filter outlet to try and check for airlock. Flo disappeared after a few minutes. Turned on all pumps. It ran for 20 min, but when cycle ended, Flo came back on. I repeated the same hose method and again, Flo went off. Ran through a 20 min cycle (after replacing filter). On second cycle, I turned off one pump. About halfway through cycle Flo reappeared, but jets and heat stayed on until end of cycle. No buttons would respond. No problem with heat at all. Any help?

Hot Tub Forum

Flo error on sundance hot tub
« on: July 28, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Flo error on sundance hot tub
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:40:53 pm »
I have had my Sundance hot tub for over a year. Got it from a friend so no idea of model or year. First I have ever owned. Has worked great for the whole year until now. Flo error came up. No buttons will work when error is on. I removed filter, but error did not clear. It is a new filter. About a month old. I cleaned it anyway. I used the hose in the filter outlet to try and check for airlock. Flo disappeared after a few minutes. Turned on all pumps. It ran for 20 min, but when cycle ended, Flo came back on. I repeated the same hose method and again, Flo went off. Ran through a 20 min cycle (after replacing filter). On second cycle, I turned off one pump. About halfway through cycle Flo reappeared, but jets and heat stayed on until end of cycle. No buttons would respond. No problem with heat at all. Any help?

Sounds like your circulation pump is weak.
Retired

Tennery

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 01:48:22 pm »
The Flo error comes and goes. I do sometimes have to tap on the circulation pump because it whines, but doesn't engage. Does that follow with the previous info?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 10:42:00 am »
If you look in the equipment bay, there is usually a serial number, and the last 4 digits are the year it was made.  That would be very helpful in this situation. 
Or, does your filter have a hole on one side and ridges on the other?  Or does it have a hole on one end and a nipple on the other. 

Tennery

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:45:00 pm »
2006 is year. Large pleated cylinder filter with hole on one end. New.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:29:32 pm »
If there is no evidence that the circ pump has been leaking (calcium buildup where the motor meets the wet end), then you can try a new capacitor.  If that doesn't work,  the pump will need to be replaced.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:24:07 pm »
Depending on which pump it has.........It could be fixed as stated. But I think if it were my 11 year old pump I would buy a whole new pump.
Retired

Tennery

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:18 am »
Update...due to the huge cost difference and my mechanical ability, I decided to replace flow switch first and then go from there. Now, if Flo error returns, I have my answer. Thank you all so much for the feedback. 😊

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42