What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to Hot Tubs - Few Questions  (Read 7348 times)

jchrisrod82

Re: New to Hot Tubs - Few Questions
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 12:41:22 am »
Well after waiting to hear that we would get delivery this week the dealer called and said that our tub was on a trailer and in an accident that totaled all the hot tubs. Sounds like total bs. Now they are saying they can re order and expedite (during the holidays?) and it’ll be here in 3-4 weeks.

So, sounds like they didn’t get my order in on time and with holiday shut downs they should have told me 6-8 weeks.

They don’t have the V94L I want color wise so I’m looking at an Artesian Piper Glen, but spending $3,500 more. Or... now I’m thinking of starting the whole process over and looking at bullfrog and hot springs. Thoughts? Chances this dealer isn’t lying? Last thing was the finance rate they quoted me was higher when I got paperwork, payment was the same as they quoted I just never saw the finance paperwork and it’s startig to feel like everything is a moving target.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 12:41:22 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 11:01:59 am »
Well after waiting to hear that we would get delivery this week the dealer called and said that our tub was on a trailer and in an accident that totaled all the hot tubs. Sounds like total bs. Now they are saying they can re order and expedite (during the holidays?) and it’ll be here in 3-4 weeks.

So, sounds like they didn’t get my order in on time and with holiday shut downs they should have told me 6-8 weeks.

They don’t have the V94L I want color wise so I’m looking at an Artesian Piper Glen, but spending $3,500 more. Or... now I’m thinking of starting the whole process over and looking at bullfrog and hot springs. Thoughts? Chances this dealer isn’t lying? Last thing was the finance rate they quoted me was higher when I got paperwork, payment was the same as they quoted I just never saw the finance paperwork and it’s startig to feel like everything is a moving target.

Its possible that they're not fibbing, that can happen. Either way it allows you to take a breath and decide if you want to reopen your search. Was that the only model you reviewed? If you already searched and found this to be the right choice then I'd stick if I still felt comfortable that the dealer was on the up and up. If it was the only model you really looked at you could take to to review a couple other local brands just to be sure you were really getting the best spa that fits your needs. Tough call, take a day or 2 and think about it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bradleyabell

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 03:18:50 pm »

Since (from the sound of it) you haven't even wet tested the one you were going to buy, I would look around...Go wet test the tub you were going to buy, the bullfrog and hot spring tubs and then make your final decision.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 03:35:25 pm »

If it was any other excuse other than the one you were given I could believe it, but in my opinion they went over the top with "totaled all the hot tubs" I'd call total BS on that, you realize how hard a semi would have to be hit to "total" an entire load of tubs? the damn truck would have to fall off a cliff for that to happen or get completely t-boned by another semi....smells pretty fishy, just my .02 and even if it did I'm sure the factory would expedite those orders (at least a reputable one would) so it wouldn't take another 4 weeks imo.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 07:10:10 pm »

If it was any other excuse other than the one you were given I could believe it, but in my opinion they went over the top with "totaled all the hot tubs" I'd call total BS on that, you realize how hard a semi would have to be hit to "total" an entire load of tubs? the damn truck would have to fall off a cliff for that to happen or get completely t-boned by another semi....smells pretty fishy, just my .02 and even if it did I'm sure the factory would expedite those orders (at least a reputable one would) so it wouldn't take another 4 weeks imo.

I’m not saying I buy the excuse because I don’t but Marquis is shutting the factory down for a bit during the holidays so 3-4 weeks is probably expediting it. Some of the Truck Drivers Marquis uses are pretty clueless so even though I doubt this actually happened there is a chance. I have to go back to my store at 830 tonight to unload a Marquis Spa because the truck driver left it at another store. I’m sure you are used to some of these drivers as a Bullfrog dealer because I know a lot of them deliver for both companies

castletonia

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 10:25:19 pm »
This actually kinda happened to me last year.  I had 4 Marquis on a truck that was due in the week before Christmas.  The truck blew a tire that then caught on fire.  All of the spas on the truck were considered a total loss either due to actually being on fire, or having heat/smoke damage.

I'm not saying your dealer is lying or not, just that things can and do happen.  Pretty sure Marquis also shuts down the factory for like 3 weeks, so that 3-4 week timeline is probably being expedited, based on the time of the year.  When my tubs caught fire, the factory was already shut down.  Marquis had that truckload go into production first once the factory opened after New Year's.

jchrisrod82

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 10:00:03 am »
Wet tested a Jacuzzi 365, a Sundance Chelsea and Optima and the Piper Glen we were switching too. All about the same price, with the Chelsea being the cheapest and the Piper Glenn/ Optima being the highest.

We're sticking the piper glen and it's being delivered today! A little more than we wanted to spend, but seems like a really great value. $11,600 + taxes with a free year of Frog inline. the thing has everything except speakers, I like direct flow (still worried about 5 diff motors though) the pillow waterfalls and variation of seats.

Sam

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 01:32:14 pm »
That's a great deal on a badass hot tub.  We sell that for upwards of $16k all day.  It's a great spa too.  Congrats!

jchrisrod82

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 10:40:14 am »
Hooked up to electric last night and was ready this morning!

I didn't notice this in the show room, but the diverter valve seems to be awfully loud. any thoughts on why that is?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 10:40:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42