What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot Tub Buyers! Need help (prices attached)  (Read 2506 times)

radelow

New Hot Tub Buyers! Need help (prices attached)
« on: June 27, 2017, 06:45:46 pm »
Hi everyone.  My wife and I are new to hot tubs and are looking to buy one.  We have pretty simple requirements:

1.  Seat four comfortably
2.  Be from a local dealer (aka no online)
3.  No lounger
4.  Less than 8'x8'

We live in San Diego so extreme weather temps are not a real issue.  I see us using it around twice a week average over the year (more at certain times).  I have been doing a bit of research and have visited a few stores and we have narrowed it down to the following options...

1.  Sundance 780 Chelsee - $8999 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, silk balance, backyard installation are all included)
2.  HotSpring Pulse - $7999 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, chemical starter pack, backyard installation are all included)
3.  HotSpring Vanguard - $9799 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, chemical starter pack, backyard installation are all included)
Not sure if any of the prices above are good deals so curious to get some feedback.  Also there are a couple more brands we can buy locally that I have not looked at but curious if I should including:

-CalSpa
-Caldera

Any helpful input would be certainly appreciated!  They all seem like nice spas that use slightly different setups (aka ozone for HotSprings versus UV for Sundance).  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

New Hot Tub Buyers! Need help (prices attached)
« on: June 27, 2017, 06:45:46 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New Hot Tub Buyers! Need help (prices attached)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:56:54 pm »
 Everything you said is great!  Skip Cal-Spa, unless they are a good dealer that takes care of people and been around a really long time you might be ok, that said I have no respect for them and we use to sell their product.. Caldera good spa, the red headed step child to Hot Springs though IMO. 

Might take a look at Bullfrog spa's and not just because we sell them, but I have been extremely happy with the customer service as a dealer, the build and quality of their spas.   

You wet test anything yet?  If not, you should!  I am sure you test drove the last car you bought?   No different than a spa.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 11:12:35 am »

1.  Sundance 780 Chelsee - $8999 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, silk balance, backyard installation are all included)
2.  HotSpring Pulse - $7999 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, chemical starter pack, backyard installation are all included)
3.  HotSpring Vanguard - $9799 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, chemical starter pack, backyard installation are all included)
Not sure if any of the prices above are good deals so curious to get some feedback.  Also there are a couple more brands we can buy locally that I have not looked at but curious if I should including:

-CalSpa
-Caldera

Any helpful input would be certainly appreciated!  They all seem like nice spas that use slightly different setups (aka ozone for HotSprings versus UV for Sundance).  Thanks!

Sundance, Hot spring and Caldera are 3 of the better spa brands out there, Cal doesn't stack up with them at all IMO.

Listen with a smile when they start talking about CD ozone units vs UV units but you can basically ignore all that and call it a wash. Base your decision on on how well each wet tests. Try to schedule a wet test for all on the same weekend or within a day or two so your mind can more easily compare one to another. Besides the wet test its obviously about what deal you can get and how comfortable you are with each dealer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 04:59:46 pm »

3.  HotSpring Vanguard - $9799 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, chemical starter pack, backyard installation are all included)

-CalSpa
-Caldera

Sundance, Hot spring and Caldera are 3 of the better spa brands out there, Cal doesn't stack up with them at all IMO.

Listen with a smile when they start talking about CD ozone units vs UV units but you can basically ignore all that and call it a wash. Base your decision on on how well each wet tests. Try to schedule a wet test for all on the same weekend or within a day or two so your mind can more easily compare one to another. Besides the wet test its obviously about what deal you can get and how comfortable you are with each dealer.

To do it right take the wet test one step further and take a note pad. Write down your thoughts on build quality, fit and finish, ease of use for the controls, noise level on low and high and of course comfort and feel.
Retired

jailor97

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 01:47:23 pm »
wet test, Wet Test, WET TEST

You will be sorry if you don't!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 01:47:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42