What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Headaches and neck pain  ?from spa??  (Read 10468 times)

Constance

• I love my Bahia
Headaches and neck pain  ?from spa??
« on: August 13, 2004, 11:55:52 pm »
 :-[Have any of you heard of a spa causing neck, shoulder, upper back pain and tightness with headaches?
I've had the weriodest thing just happen for the second time after wet testing spas!!  Last Sat. and again tonight after wet testing for a new spa, I started with headaches and very tight neck, and upper back/shoulder muscle pain and tightness.  I developed knots along my neck for a bit!!  This was not pleasant!!  Not quite the relaxing feeling I expected to experience!!!
I was going to buy one tomarrow---BUT I certainly do not want to purchase one that causes this discomfort!!  Last week I tried about 8 different spas at 3 different dealers.  One the way home I developed this pain.  I thought it was perhaps stress or that i may have twisted myself funny in a tub.  Tonight I tested a friends tub to double check on this brand.  I felt fine in the tub, but again on the way home, I developed the above pain--it's been 2 hrs and I still really hurt.
This is strange!!  I really wanted a spa, but am concerned!!
Connie

Hot Tub Forum

Headaches and neck pain  ?from spa??
« on: August 13, 2004, 11:55:52 pm »

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
Re: Headaches and neck pain  ?from spa??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 12:07:05 am »
In the wet testing I did, I had that happen to me when I tested the Sundance tubs. To be fair, it quite possibly may have been that the first one we got in (Cameo) wasn't even close to being hot tub temperature. It must have been in the high 70's. The second one was more like 98 or 99. My wife and I both didn't care for the overpowering jets. Others think they're great though.

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:15:08 am »
Sorry, I hit the submit button somehow by mistake. Anyway, maybe you should give it a rest for a few days and see if it's something originally not connected to hot tubs. Kind of spooky that it's happened both times.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:54:50 am »
Warkovision could be right. You might be trying out a spa that is a bit aggressive and irritates your muscles.

More than likely you have something going on in your neck and shoulders and the heat from the spa is causing swelling.

I suggest try another wet test, bring an ice pack and put it on immediately after. If this works, see your Chiropractor and find out what is going on in your neck.

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 09:54:41 am »
Actually today I am going to a wedding that my chiropractor (my cousin) will also be attending.  You can bet that I will be checking with him also.  As far a it being from too much massage from the jets, I tried a Bengal and found that I was disappointed by the lack of jet massage/power.  When I went on the Sat. and tried several tubs, I thought maybe it was from one of the tubs that actually blew me out of my seat with too much pressure!!  The water temp last night was set for 100, but actually felt warmer than that.  
Thanks to all for your input!!
Connie

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 10:18:49 am »
The muscle soreness could be from a release of lactic acid in your muscles.  Often after having deep tissue massages I feel a bit sore and stiff for that very reason.  The headache could be a result of dehydration.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 12:07:28 pm »
Connie,
I could be way off here but have you had your blood pressure checked lately?

One of my customers had the tightness in his neck and headaches as well. He found out his blood pressure was sky high.

He went on medication and can still use his spa but has to limit his time and temp.

I hope you get to the bottom of it so you can start soaking soon.

iSpahappy  

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 06:50:05 pm »
My advise drink plenty of water afterwards to flush out any latic acid. Also if your having neck pain go see an orthopedic doctor, witch doctors, I mean Chiropractors should be avoided.  If you leary of MD's just go get a massage that's better for you than a trip to the chiro any day!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 06:50:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42