What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa frog filter  (Read 3155 times)

39lasalle

Spa frog filter
« on: June 18, 2017, 09:56:11 am »
I am using the bleach method in my Bullfrog A7L.   It has come time to swap the water and such. when we bought last year the dealer set us up with the Spa Frog in our filter housing. 

How important is this and do I need to continue to use?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Spa frog filter
« on: June 18, 2017, 09:56:11 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa frog filter
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:50:05 pm »
 If I remember right spafrog is bromine and a nature 2 cartridge?   If using the bleach method, you could just use the nature2 cartridge alone. 

http://www.nature2.com/en/spa-products

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:07:31 am »
I am using the bleach method in my Bullfrog A7L.   It has come time to swap the water and such. when we bought last year the dealer set us up with the Spa Frog in our filter housing. 

How important is this and do I need to continue to use?

Thanks

Spa Frog/Nature 2 is minerals that help supplement a proper chlorine/bromine regimen. If you don't use the tub they can extend the time between chlorine/bromine additions by a little bit. But they are not important because they do not sanitize your water. But some like the extra they provide.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 09:01:34 am »
I switched as you did to the Dichlor and then bleach method and my tub also had the dual frog cartridge  holder. I had an extra mineral cartridge so I put it in to use it up. Personally I didn’t notice any difference with or without it. I won’t buy any new ones.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:23:39 pm »
I switched as you did to the Dichlor and then bleach method and my tub also had the dual frog cartridge  holder. I had an extra mineral cartridge so I put it in to use it up. Personally I didn’t notice any difference with or without it. I won’t buy any new ones.

I really didn't notice any difference with or without it either.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:23:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42