What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Vac  (Read 4570 times)

Conine2965

Spa Vac
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:28:25 am »
My new hot tub has white marble colored shell and dirt stands out more anyone have a good spa vacuum recommendation.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Vac
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:28:25 am »

bud16415

Re: Spa Vac
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:30:10 pm »
Any dirt inside the tub that floats should go to the skimmer and filter. I always get a few little stones or something that sit in the foot well. I have a little aquarium net that you use for catching fish with. I just run it across the bottom and scope stuff off the bottom. The other thing I do sometimes is use my siphon hose to suck up junk that doesn’t float. I sometimes take the water level down 4-6 inches doing this and then top it off. A little water exchange never hurts. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:57:38 pm »
google 'Spa Vac' there are a few basic ones for $40-$75 that will work just fine for small debris....siphoning can work but just remember depending on what your 'source water' is you may be exchanging nice balanced water that's already in the spa for unbalanced water that will require chemicals to be added.

Conine2965

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »
Does anyone actually have a Spa Vac they cans recommend. Reviews seem to be poor on most models

39lasalle

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:38 pm »
We bought the Paradise Spa Vac and have been happy with it. It does it's job and is easy to use. No issues.

buba

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 07:26:33 am »
I use 6 feet of 1/2 inch PVC plastic pipe (white) and slipped 10 feet of clear plastic hose over it (I.D of the hose is the same as the O.D of the pipe). When I need to vac I just turn on the jets and use the water flow from the jets to prime the pipe and let the physicists of gravity do the vac'n.

Works like one of these without the shake to start feature but way cheaper (less than $10 for pipe and hose at the big box places).

http://www.spadepot.com/Shake-a-Vac-II-Spa-Pool-Water-Vacuum-Drain-P850?zmam=55673001&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=AC1021&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09fcgd-X1QIVhR2BCh1mxg7fEAQYASABEgL_evD_BwE

n.one.one

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 11:38:08 am »
I use 6 feet of 1/2 inch PVC plastic pipe (white) and slipped 10 feet of clear plastic hose over it (I.D of the hose is the same as the O.D of the pipe). When I need to vac I just turn on the jets and use the water flow from the jets to prime the pipe and let the physicists of gravity do the vac'n.

Works like one of these without the shake to start feature but way cheaper (less than $10 for pipe and hose at the big box places).

http://www.spadepot.com/Shake-a-Vac-II-Spa-Pool-Water-Vacuum-Drain-P850?zmam=55673001&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=AC1021&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09fcgd-X1QIVhR2BCh1mxg7fEAQYASABEgL_evD_BwE
I've tried a number of them and the two I like best are the Shake-a-Vac II Spa & Pool Water Vacuum & Drain and a simple aquarium net as bud16415 mentioned. The Shake-a-Vac is really just a small diameter siphon with a stiff structure so you can reach the bottom precisely. buba's setup sounds like an economical way to achieve the same result.

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 12:25:55 pm »
I do the same thing as Buba built but with 2” PVC and pool hose. You won’t believe how fast the sucking goes with that.

I like the idea of using the jet to fill the tube. Never thought of that but I will next time. I have been just submerging it in the tub to fill.

Mine I first made to drain the tub fast but in playing with it I saw how nice it sucked stuff up so I have been doing that as well. Just about every time I use it I let it go and take the tub down 6” and then fill it back up with hot water. You would be surprised how well that works say your stabilizer is getting high. I figure it stretches the water life and in the winter months a couple weeks added to the clean date during a cold spell means a lot.   

meriflower

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 12:55:10 pm »

I used the same method for cleaning our aquariums (much smaller tubes of course!) but works the same way and is pretty cheap compared to the $35 and over spa vacs.

Clarkp

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 09:04:52 pm »
We have the Polaris Spa Wand - it comes with a little mounting clip so you can just hang it in a convenient place.  Just pop it in the water and prime it, then you can just siphon out the bits and pieces with a simple stroke of the plunger - not sure if anything could be easier.  I can even operate it after three gin-and-tonics...

Conine2965

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 09:48:29 pm »
Thanks Clark I thing I'll try that one.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 09:48:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42