What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2004 Vista...SOLD!  (Read 4054 times)

bodguy

• Hot Spring Vista owner
2004 Vista...SOLD!
« on: August 07, 2004, 07:52:06 pm »
Well we just came back from our wet test and purchased the 2004 Hot Spring Vista, Copper color.

I floated a bit in the lounger, my wife did not.  My suit was about the size of a hotair balloon!! I won't be using a suit in ours, except when we have company :)  I was going to just  rip it off in the tub right there but felt that the customers in the store might take offense 8)

Our final negotiated price for the Vista was $8399, including tax (Zero btw) and the following: cover/lifter, chemicals, steps, delivery, GFI box and 12 months financing same as cash. We could have gotten $200.00 more off for cash, but the cost on my 4% home equity loan would have been more than the extra $200.00 we paid for the financing.

This price did not include the led "Illuminessance" lighting feature however, which we really wanted.  I tried to get that included at the $8399 price to no avail LOL. Vinny, our salesman, thought that feature for the Vista was a $99.00 option, his boss, the owner, pointed out that the light kit for the Vista has a $250.00 shelf price, which he did indeed show us.  He did however lower the price to $130.00, his cost (Which for those of you who have read my earlier posts on why not to ask dealer cost should note that that is almost a 50% markup!) Our total final price was for the spa was $8529.00.

I'm fairly certain that I have not seen a Vista, with those accessories, tax etc, come in any cheaper than that.

Thanx to Vinny of Family Pool, Spa & Billiard of Mobile AL.  The only salesman on  the Gulf Coast who put forth the time and effort in getting us into a spa.  These guys show a MSRP ($10900 in this case) and the actual selling price ($8599) right on the tubs themselves. I knew when I walked in the 1st time that I had found the dealer I wanted to deal with. From the months of research I have done on this board I knew there was no way I was going to get that tub for $1000 less than their advertised price, and didn't get a whole lot off from that advertised price, but as I said earlier I think that the price we paid was very fair for that tub!

Also thanx to everyone on this board, Chas and Steve especially.. I've been lurking and posting for months, I know I made a very informed purchase at a price I can live with.

I left with the GFI in hand, and will have the power run, I hope, by Wed. The tub is ready for delivery then as well. I will take pictures of the delivery and setup. I hope to be soaking by this time next week!!!

Thanx again everyone!!

Hot Tub Forum

2004 Vista...SOLD!
« on: August 07, 2004, 07:52:06 pm »

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 2004 Vista...SOLD!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:04:50 pm »
That is an unbelieveable deal. The Vista is a great tub. Congrats on your purchase.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 08:06:29 pm »
Congrats Bodguy!  The copper Vista is an absolutely beautiful tub. . .you're gonna love it!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 09:09:36 pm »
Way to go my friend! Great tub and I wish you the best!
Stick around and let us know how everything goes. I'm glad I could be of some help in some way for you.

If you are ever going to include pictures, please make sure they're taken when company comes over OK? :o

Enjoy and may you soak long and wrinkle!! ;)

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 11:02:16 pm »
Good on ya!

May you soak long and prosper.

May your pumps pump, your jets jet, your filters filt, and may all of your friends shower before they come over.

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

IonHeaven

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 11:40:08 pm »
Congrats! I hope to be one of the next spa owners rather than and unending shopper! Great price BTW, I may be paying that for the Envoy. I wet tested the copper vista and loved the way the blue light glimmered off the copper shine! Enjoy, IonHeaven

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 12:34:45 am »
Congrats! I hope to be one of the next spa owners rather than and unending shopper!

BODGUY,
Congrats, it sounds like you shopped well and found the right fit.

Ion,
I'm starting to wonder if Dazedandconfused will have his spa before you!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 10:56:15 am »
May you always have hot, bubbly water!!!

Great choice!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 12:31:36 pm »
Ion,
I'm starting to wonder if Dazedandconfused will have his spa before you!

I think my 10 year old will have her house and spa b4 dazedandconfused!  ;)

Steve

pafoster62

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 12:35:15 pm »
 ;) congrats!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 12:35:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42