What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima Feedback  (Read 4514 times)

bethshar

Optima Feedback
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:58:57 pm »
Thanks to all of your help on this forum, and some wet testing, we just put a deposit on a Sundance Optima.  Just thought I'd ask how all you Opitma owners are enjoying your spas.  What are your favorite features? Any advice on set-up, chemicals(we're planning to use N2 with dichlor), etc.  We ordered silver with coastal.  Anyone have silver?  Do you like it?  Is it worth the extra care.  Anybody wish they bought something else?

We checked out Jacuzzi and Beachcomber.  Based on jet power, foot jets, size, and dealer reputation, and forum info, we chose the Optima.  Our paver patio is going in this week.  Can't wait to get our spa!!  Thanks!

;D ::)

Hot Tub Forum

Optima Feedback
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:58:57 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Optima Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:02:35 pm »
Congrats.  Great Choice!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 04:23:20 pm »
We enjoy ours, it was the right choice for us.  We were started out using Baqua spa, and continue to use it.
We have the redwood cabinet with the sahara shell.
Favorite features- I like the rainbow LED light, the seating capacity, the abundance of foot jets, the ability to adjust from a gentle massage to a vigorous one.
Lotsa stuff!
Brewman
Brewman

cparlf

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 04:59:04 pm »
OK, so here I sit away on business travel until Friday night.  The SD dealer calls yesterday, and the tub is in.  The slab is poured, the electrician is waiting, and I can't get home until Friday night so no delivery until next week.  I need to address a few rough spots left by the concrete guy, after he went down from heat exhaustion, and did not get it done this weekend.  So, when I left Monday, my side of the prep was not done yet.  Plus, I need to trim a few shrubs still so the delivery people can get by.  We went with the redwood and pearl color.  Never saw the color at night live, but loved the pictures we saw in several places.  Can't wet test colors I guess.  We chose the Optima over the HS Vista and 385 J'cuzzi.  Another primary reason was the dealer.  He was great to work with, and a lot of fun too.  No pressure whatsoever.  Praises to the HS dealer we met too, most if not all other brand's dealers paled in comparison to them.  These two both truly helped us pick the right one for us.  

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 05:18:43 pm »
Everyone in the family absolutely loves ours and it was the right choice for us...

Features that we love...the stereo, foot jets, LED lights, whirlpool and the color (sierra/sahara combination).

We have the ozone option on ours and I use the dichlor and MPS regiment that my dealer recommended.

Congrats...soak long and prosper!

bethshar

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 05:38:42 pm »
Thanks.  You all are faster than my paver installer.  Still waiting for him to show.  I've been getting, "I'll be there today" for a week and a half.  At least the materials are here.     Is Pearl the same as silver?

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 06:26:01 pm »
The shell colors for Sundance are:

Silver, Platinum, Sahara, Sand, Azure, Bluegrass, Marine, Onyx, Sapphire and Emerald.

I think "pearl" refers to the smooth texture of the spa shell, rather than the actual color. Some colors are "pearl" finishes, while some are textured or whatever the proper term is for the "bumpy one that doesn't show the dirt"... ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 06:26:37 pm by Ready2Buy1 »

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 11:43:27 pm »
beer holders ?????

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 12:32:04 am »
Ok - just because I only put a deposit on my Optima, you don't have to rub it in by telling everyone what you like about yours.  I know what I'm missing! Yep, it could be a long year. :(  Oh well, I guess I'll go ride my Beemer! ;D

r100rs

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 09:55:09 am »
Just thought I'd ask how all you Opitma owners are enjoying your spas.  What are your favorite features? Any advice on set-up,  We ordered silver with coastal.  Anyone have silver?  Do you like it?  Is it worth the extra care.  Anybody wish they bought something else?

Love my Optima. Have had it a little over three months now and gets better everyday.

WHat do i like best about it. The foot jets are fantastic. I also like the comfort of the seats, I can stretch out like a lounger and remain confortable. And oh yeah, you get to be upclose and personal, especially at night when guests want to soak and go 'au naturel'.  Hey what can I say we are fairly liberal and the benefit is all mine.   ;) :D

We have the silver and coastal combo, and it is great. little maintance on the skirting and the silver is so visually appealing at night.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 09:56:14 am by doodoo »

bethshar

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 09:44:47 pm »
Again, thanks for all the great feedback.  I can't wait!!! Patio is just about done....

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 10:21:08 pm »
I wet tested the Optima last weekend.  What a WONDERFUL tub!!!! I loved it!!!  It was the best!!  Congratulations on your tub!!!
Connie

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2004, 02:40:53 pm »
Hi Bethshar:
We got an Optima July 15 and so far, its been just great!  Water care has been very easy.  My fave features: the foot jets, the LED lighting, the seat with 4 jets at the back, the 2nd control panel is very handy in that seat.  

We've used it every night but for 2, thunderstorms about.  My knee w/arthritis does feel better, I sleep lots better, my hub's back feels better, my sons are nicer (well, not really but I like to tell myself they are) and we have really enjoyed it.  You will be happy!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2004, 02:40:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42