What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vacation settings????  (Read 2316 times)

markb

Vacation settings????
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »
We are going to be away for 2 weeks so I am wondering if there are any special  considerations.

I am going to lower the water temp to 80. I assume I should raise my chlorine level up a few notches.

Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks for the help.

Hot Tub Forum

Vacation settings????
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Vacation settings????
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 08:10:47 am »
If you don't have a 24 hour circulation pump, I might bump up the amount of filtering you do.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Roborph

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 10:27:27 pm »
 I have a better method...Call your neighbors and ask if they'll throw some dichlor in while your away. BTW, you'll have to let them use the tub while your gone.......small price!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 02:19:53 am »
We are going to be away for 2 weeks so I am wondering if there are any special  considerations.

I am going to lower the water temp to 80. I assume I should raise my chlorine level up a few notches.

Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks for the help.

Hey Mark,
do you have a floating dispenser for your chroine (pucks)? That would be the best and IMO, extra filtering isn't required as there will be much less debrit and oils entering your water while it isn't in use (sorry wmccall). Lowering the temp is a good idea though. How old is the water that's in the spa now?

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 02:19:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42