What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Connextion App?  (Read 5204 times)

Lovie

Hot Spring Connextion App?
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:41 pm »
We are putting a deposit down this week for a Vanguard NXT. My husband is really into home automation and the monitoring capabilities of Connextion seem right up his alley. Is there a particular accessory we need to get on the tub to allow use of it, or since the NXT already has a wireless remote, is it as simple as installing the app on our phones?

Edit: Nevermind- after further investigation, looks like this requires an adapter and a subscription and is meant more for long distance tub owners vs checking in on/controlling the tub from a phone or ipad. The wireless controller will be enough for us.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:24:29 am by Lovie »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Connextion App?
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:41 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Spring Connextion App?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:07:10 pm »
We are putting a deposit down this week for a Vanguard NXT. My husband is really into home automation and the monitoring capabilities of Connextion seem right up his alley. Is there a particular accessory we need to get on the tub to allow use of it, or since the NXT already has a wireless remote, is it as simple as installing the app on our phones?

Edit: Nevermind- after further investigation, looks like this requires an adapter and a subscription and is meant more for long distance tub owners vs checking in on/controlling the tub from a phone or ipad. The wireless controller will be enough for us.

I think you answered your own question.  I've been a Caldera dealer for about a year and the only two that I sold were for houses that only get used on the weekends.  I'm not sure what the range is on the wireless controller from HS so you might want to check on that to make sure it will work from your house

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:10:19 pm »
I think the connection app is terrible... it pains me to say because I do love Hot springs.  There are so few applications where people can actually justify the add-on.

maddigital

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:59:00 am »
I purchased the upgrade for my 2014 Caldera Cantabria after a freak failure of a wrist jet seal that caused the jet connection to leak during last winter which i happen to find by luck after work one day. The tub had entered an limp mode because the water fell below the filter area and got a low water message   The connextion system went in to warn me of any power outage or error at the panel along with controlling from my waterproof smartphone and tablet. I had one incident since when I was out with the family at dinner and got the notice that the hottub was not responding and when I got home, I found the tub off and a bunch of my breakers were tripped.  A lightning storm was to blame which fried my tub GFCI and the dealer already had a record of the exact timing it was not responding and would have reached out to me if I had not reached out to them first. After some troubleshooting i was able to pickup a replacement from them and return the broken one under warranty without a service tech visit. 

Overall it is an expensive convenience and woefully needs better design but it works and have never failed me. I can control my lights, jets, cleaning cycle, audio power and see my current temp and set it. 

I will be looking into trying to enable iftt capability to allow me to set some settings through my harmony remote for the outdoor tv.

Mad

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:59:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42