What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Test Results: Jacuzzi - Sundance - Sweetwater  (Read 20825 times)

scout045

Re: Wet Test Results: Jacuzzi - Sundance - Sweetwa
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 12:33:15 am »
Jt, we get it! You like your Jacuzzi!  I honestly hope I enjoy my Bahia as much as you enjoy your tub .  Happy Soaking!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 12:33:15 am »

zacman

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2004, 01:40:41 am »
I am new today to this forum.  Amazing source of help. We are looking to buy and looking closely at Sundance Optima and Jacuzzi J-365- like others here the Sundance dealer was higher than Jacuzzi, similarly equiped.  But my concern is, after looking at the Reviews and seeing what others paid for their Optimas, that the local Sundance dealer is very high - quote of $8500 firm for the Optima with CD ozonator and led lights, cover and lift, steps and the usual chemical packages etc. while Jacuzzi dealer quotes $7350 comperably equiped. Both quotes include delivery and set up but not the GFI electrical breaker.   Others have paid a good bit less for either one based on what I read here.  Any ideas what I should be paying for either - ball park ?  We wet tested the Optima and liked it, will be wet testing the 365 tomorrow. Thanks for any help you can provide.  I would be quite vulnerable without this forum.

Buckeye

• Jacuzzi J-365 Owner
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2004, 10:00:26 am »
Zacman,

I think both prices are a little high but probably not that far off if your prices include tax.  I'm in Ohio and the prices I negotiated on both of these were both a little lower than yours.  Granted, my first price wasn't the same as my purchase price.  Where you're located plays a part in the pricing from what I've learned. This might just be me, but it seems like some of the best prices I've seen on these boards come from people that live in the Carolina's.  It seems like the NY and NJ areas have higher prices.  You might be able to print some examples that you find on the internet and show them to your dealer to see if they can work with you on the price.  Check this forum, the reviews section, epinions, rhtubs forum, etc.  The others will have more places to look than I will.

If your price includes tax you're not far off from my price.  Another big factor beyond price is the dealer. Get one that you trust will take care of you if/when there is a problem.  The salesman and the dealership I bought from was the one the gave my wife and I the best feeling of trust.  

Good Luck,

Buckeye

zacman

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2004, 10:33:37 am »
Thanks for response.  I should have mentioned that the prices I quoted do not include taxes - with taxes the Optima comes to $9,137 and the J 365 at about $7,900.  Also interesting is that I live in California where these spas are manufactured.  I agree - I have seen some North Carolina posts with considerably lower prices. Given the great discrepencies, I think I will wait and negotiate or look at other options.  I am not in a big hurry as I am in the midst of a number of landscaping and other projects. .

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2004, 07:53:47 pm »
I am not sure on prices on the Sundances and in New York and New Jersey area Jacuzzi are a bit high.The Jacuzzi was going for $6500 with delivery Chems steps in the Pa area.They paid someone $200 for delivey and maybe you canpick it up yourself and save another $200.........Jt :)

Roborph

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2004, 08:00:33 pm »
 For what it's worth, I paid $7100 for a j-370 back in November. I'm in Cincinnati......

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2004, 08:28:22 pm »
Thats a good price and i can see that you enjoy your winter nights in Cinn.............Jt ;)

Tubnerd

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2004, 07:32:53 pm »
We just paid $7300.00--before taxes--for a J-375 yesterday in southern Indiana.  They will be delivering free to central KY.  Asking price was $7799.00 but they took off $500.00 and threw in the cover lifter--not included normally(cost $175.00) as well as cover and chemicals.  Sick of looking so happy to have a dealer willing to at least work with us a little.  I'm just so anxious to get it....

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2004, 07:38:39 pm »
Very very nice spa good luck with it :)Jt

pafoster62

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2004, 05:59:33 pm »
my local dealer is a Sundance and Jacuzzi dealer...yikes the prices were high!! yikes!! although we just walked in,like two looky Lou's

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2004, 08:53:52 pm »
Whats a Looky lou's????

AmySue

• Jacuzzi J365
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2004, 05:24:22 pm »
Just to add my 2 cents - I paid $5695 before NJ tax and $100 delivery for a J365 in June, included cover, ozonator & chemicals. Bought stairs & lifter online for alot less than the dealers charge for them. And I thought that was high - but after reading some posts on here and seeing what prices people are getting quoted, I guess it wasn't too bad. ::)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2004, 08:18:54 pm »
Great price and i am sure you didnot get it from harrows.JohnnyT

pafoster62

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2004, 08:41:38 pm »
JT
Looky Lou= browsing!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2004, 08:41:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42