What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-335 Heating issue(brand new tub)  (Read 5230 times)

jmk1234

Jacuzzi J-335 Heating issue(brand new tub)
« on: September 17, 2016, 10:45:16 pm »
As you all know I got my new tub On Thursday. Got it hooked up and tested GFCI and it did what it was supposed to do.  All was well. No tripping or anything from operation, tub went through its entire boot sequence. My hose water was 77 degrees from the start and I began to heat it at around 1:14pm on Friday. By 3:30 it was about 88 degrees and by 6pm it was 97 heating like a champ. Thats where it stopped, I walked out to look at 8:30 2 hours after my last check and it was still 97 and the heater indicator and circ pump still on. Since Friday evening it has only risen from 97 to 100 degrees. I went through the filter mode and heat mode and its supposed to filter 8 hours a day and the heater is set to auto, which means its supposed to keep the desired temperature. My initial temp I have set is 102.  But the circulation pump continued to run and has been running since Friday afternoon and only shut off when I lowered the temperature before.  Everything else works perfectly on the tub. The lights, pumps and controls etc...

What I have done to possibly troubleshoot

-I lowered the temperature to under current tub temp and the heater symbol disappears and the circulation pump soon follows. I raise the temp and the heater logo re-appears and then the circulation pump comes back on. 

I had the install team set up for 60AMP logic and when i turn both pumps on the heater remains on or so the control panel symbol is there.

I also checked the circuit board connections to the flow sensors and water temp sensors and they are secured.

The only thing I haven't attempted yet was removing the filters to see if there is some obstruction, but don't understand how that could be since the tub is literally 48 hours old.

My only thinking is that I have a defective heater or something wrong with the heating unit. I guess I will be calling a Jacuzzi technician sometime Monday. Just hope because its so new they will waive a dispatch fee.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:26:39 am by jmk1234 »

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-335 Heating issue(brand new tub)
« on: September 17, 2016, 10:45:16 pm »

jmk1234

Re: Jacuzzi J-335 Heating issue(brand new tub)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:06:36 pm »
UPDATE: Was related to a relay, also found out a few tubs have had this problem, so I am glad I am not the blame  :P.

On to the good stuff. The tech came out and we got the heater to work. Something he said may have been loose on the board and the heater was getting the voltage required so all was good there. The problem was said to be a relay so they replaced the Circuit Board. As of now all is good in the hood.  Hope this takes care and now to enjoy the little beast.

I do want to want to take a second to give a very HUGE thank you to All seasons spas in Hillard Ohio for the assistance they provided me today. My tech and salesman have went above and beyond the call to ensure my satisfaction. If there is anyone here who reads this that is looking for a place to buy a tub. ALL SEASONS SPAS is the place you should go. 5 stars all around

mjb

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:03 pm »
jmk, glad to hear it all worked out to your satisfaction and thanks for the kind words.
We appreciate your business and enjoy your new hot tub !

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:49 pm »
Like I have said 100 times, 80% of the time it is all about the dealer and how they take care of you.  ;)     

Calisoldier83

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 07:53:22 pm »
As you all know I got my new tub On Thursday. Got it hooked up and tested GFCI and it did what it was supposed to do.  All was well. No tripping or anything from operation, tub went through its entire boot sequence. My hose water was 77 degrees from the start and I began to heat it at around 1:14pm on Friday. By 3:30 it was about 88 degrees and by 6pm it was 97 heating like a champ. Thats where it stopped, I walked out to look at 8:30 2 hours after my last check and it was still 97 and the heater indicator and circ pump still on. Since Friday evening it has only risen from 97 to 100 degrees. I went through the filter mode and heat mode and its supposed to filter 8 hours a day and the heater is set to auto, which means its supposed to keep the desired temperature. My initial temp I have set is 102.  But the circulation pump continued to run and has been running since Friday afternoon and only shut off when I lowered the temperature before.  Everything else works perfectly on the tub. The lights, pumps and controls etc...

What I have done to possibly troubleshoot

-I lowered the temperature to under current tub temp and the heater symbol disappears and the circulation pump soon follows. I raise the temp and the heater logo re-appears and then the circulation pump comes back on. 

I had the install team set up for 60AMP logic and when i turn both pumps on the heater remains on or so the control panel symbol is there.

I also checked the circuit board connections to the flow sensors and water temp sensors and they are secured.

The only thing I haven't attempted yet was removing the filters to see if there is some obstruction, but don't understand how that could be since the tub is literally 48 hours old.

My only thinking is that I have a defective heater or something wrong with the heating unit. I guess I will be calling a Jacuzzi technician sometime Monday. Just hope because its so new they will waive a dispatch fee.

Just wondering if I'm having the same issue. It appears if I set my temperature to say 99, then check the set temperature the next day at it will be at 98. I set it to 101 last night and will check tonight to see if it stuck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 07:53:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42