What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Euphoria vs. SA Euphoria  (Read 3764 times)

Rockin_Robin

Euphoria vs. SA Euphoria
« on: July 26, 2004, 09:43:18 pm »
We bought our Euphoria in April.  We love it!  I have noticed postings about the SA Euphoria and checked out the website--I noticed it has fewer jets, but the main thing is it looks like no whirlpool jets.  Is this so?  That is one reason we picked the Euphoria over the SA Reward when we noticed they phased the whirlpool out of that one.
We REALLY like the whirlpool jets on ours.  Just wondering why they seem to be phased out.
Robin M.

Hot Tub Forum

Euphoria vs. SA Euphoria
« on: July 26, 2004, 09:43:18 pm »

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Re: Euphoria vs. SA Euphoria
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:55:44 am »
I'm with you robin I chose the Euphoria over the SA too. Correct, he SA has no whirlpool jets; there is technically more jets in the SA, but basically they took the whirlpool jets and "replaced" them with some higher flow jets in the seats, put some jets in the "no jet" seat and added another headrest with neck jets. The SA does have that extra 30 gpm flow in half of the tub - a side by side test didn't reveal any significant difference to me except that the SA didn't give you flow to all of the jets in a seat, you had to choose between the "zones" in each seat. And I really missed not having the 100% of both pumps pushing out the deep "post seat" in front of the filters.

Marquis is pushing their SA models and are intentionally trying to phase out the non SA models. I'm just happy I had the chance to experience the non-SA! The Marquis whirlpool action is the best thing out there!
e

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 01:58:29 am »
I feel the same about my euphoria. I am not a bit sorry I did not purchase the SA. I love the jet's below the filter 290gpm coming out of 8 jet's in a row. Heck I brace my self now just to stay in place and the presure keeps me floating.  Gee's how much power does one need.
We wet tested a Rewards SA and damn near felt like I was going to get blow out of the spa.

And as for the whirlpool, sometimes it's really nice to just sit and talk to people with the air jets off and on low speed. We find it so relaxing and time just ticks away.

The main reason we went from the Rewards SA to the Euporia was the whirlpool and no lounger. We did not like the lounger at all. As for the SA Euphoria-vs-Euphoria I could not see the $800.00 more they were asking. And price never kept me from choosing what we wanted. Our budget was $10,000 so like I said it was not a money thing even though I did not see an $800.00 differance.

IonHeaven

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 02:25:50 am »
Hi,
Glad to see you talking about the Reward. It's now in my top two. Tough decision though. I really didn't like the lounge either, but loved the jets in it. I'm short so I couldn't reach any foot jets. Those of you out there seem happy with the whirpool too. I wasn't sure what to do with the 'T' jets. Euphoria may be out of my price range and couldn't wet test one either.

Some advice may expidite my decision, the cement is soon to be poured!

IonHeaven

treviso

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 08:02:05 pm »
Hi,
I have had my Euphoria for about a month and I am very pleased with not only its performance and therapeutic attributes, but also the quality and attention to detail that Marquis designed into the spa.  I researched spas for about 6 months before finally settling on the Euphoria.  I, too, really like the whirlpool function for a nice upper body therapy.  It was a feature that I decided I couldn't do without and that is why I settled on the Euphoria over the SA version.  
One thing for certain, I have never slept better in my life!
Rob

IonHeaven

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 02:37:50 am »
Wow that sounds good. Hope to decide by friday. It's a tough choice. I'm glad I saw this post about the SA to help me decide quicker.

Today my family is leaning toward the Reward. Seems like the Euphoria has all the same features and more. Are any of the seats sort of like reclining in a lounge? I also wonder if it seems like more water around you without the lounge taking up room halfway up accross the side of the tub?

I haven't found a place to wet test any tub without a lounge yet. Thanks! IonHeaven

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 09:46:09 am »
Not only does the Reward SA not have the whirlpool jets but it does not have the jets under the sit on skimmers which are great for your calves and feet. These are two jet setting that we really like and use often.

But no matter what your choice is I am sure your will enjoy it soaking under the stars. ;D

empolgation

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 11:41:30 am »
...Seems like the Euphoria has all the same features and more. Are any of the seats sort of like reclining in a lounge? I also wonder if it seems like more water around you without the lounge taking up room halfway up accross the side of the tub?..

You must wet test them both to know the true answers for yourself.

There are many similarities between the Reward and Euphoria, pumps, whirlpool, post seat... but they are different tubs - the seats are very different, shape and jets. You can swing your legs up in some of the Euphoria seats but I wouldn't call them "lounge like". It does seem like more water around you in the Euphoria, not only because of no lounger but because there is 50 more gallons.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 11:43:31 am by empolgation »
e

IonHeaven

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 06:52:52 pm »
Sit on skimmers? Not sure what that means...other than you can actually sit on the skimmers above the "T zone" jets. Really?

IonHeaven

Rockin_Robin

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004, 05:39:55 pm »
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes the whirlpool feature, it seemed to be hard to find when we were looking at tubs and I was starting to feel like I was the only one in the world who really wanted one!  Someone must be doing research that people don't want that feature, but we also like sitting in the tub on a low whirlpool setting.
Good luck with your decision Ionheaven, I'm sure you'll be pleased with your choice.
Robin

empolgation

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 03:13:39 pm »
Sit on skimmers? Not sure what that means...other than you can actually sit on the skimmers above the "T zone" jets. Really?
Yes, the filter covers above the "T zone". I don't know how smart that is but that's what the dealers recommended and it worked great when i wet tested.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 03:13:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42