What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2004 Tiger River Caspian is in  (Read 5621 times)

msdsman

2004 Tiger River Caspian is in
« on: July 26, 2004, 02:41:52 pm »
Hello out there....

Just wanted to post a quick note letting everyone know how pleased I am with my 04 TR Caspian. It was delivered and powered up last week. Everything went really smooth. Was soaking over the past weekend. The seating in this tub is awesome!!!

Hot Tub Forum

2004 Tiger River Caspian is in
« on: July 26, 2004, 02:41:52 pm »

jeff1w

Re: 2004 Tiger River Caspian is in
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 03:12:33 pm »
We are also looking at the Caspian.  What made you decide on this tub and if you don't mind, how much did you pay?

msdsman

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 03:42:32 pm »
Hi Jeff,

We decided on this tub for a few different reasons.  

First, we were not interested in a lounger and just loved the layout of this tub with the deep foot well and foot jets. The cool down seats were also a must for us. I have owned a jacuzzi in the past and always liked the cool down seat option. We also were not looking for a lot of bells and whistles with our tub, just wanted a good performer.

Another reason for our purchase was that a family member bought a TR a year ago and has had nothing but good things to say about the product.

Price wise, I think it came out to around $6800.00 with step, ozonator, lift cover, chemicals and delivery.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:14:02 pm »
I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR TIGER RIVER CASPIAN 2004 TUB, OURS WILL BE DELIVERED THURSDAY.  YOU PAID A GREAT PRICE, WE PAID $7100 WITH NO STEPS OR COVER LIFT AND IT IS A FLOOR MODEL. DON'T HAVE 220 HOOKED UP YET BUT SHOULD IN NEXT WEEK, CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT OUT!!!!   ;D ;D ;D  LYNNETTE

jeff1w

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:33:16 pm »
We're going to ask the dealer if we can do a wet test this weekend.  The dealer is having a "sale" until the end of July, asking $6895 with no sales tax(in CA its 8.25%), free cover and steps, and free delivery. We looked at Sundance, but the seats were too small for my size and too big for my wife.  The Caspian seemed to be a better fit with everything we wanted, dual pumps with no lounger.  

The price we were quoted seems to be about average for this model, we'll try to find another dealer, but it seems that all the local dealers are owned by the same person, which limits our bargaining power.

We're also going to check out some other brands this weekend just for comparison.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 07:29:44 am »
OUR TIGER RIVER CASPIAN WAS DELIEVERED YESTERDAY AND IT ENDED BEING BRAND NEW STILL IN  RAPPER FROM FACTORY.  IT WAS SUPOSE TO BE A 2004 FLOOR MODEL.  WE GOT THE GREEN TUB, WHAT COLOR DO YOU HAVE?? HOPEFULLY GETTING 220 HOOKED UP THIS WEEKEND.  I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR NEW CASPIAN????  CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUR UP AND RUNNING  :D   -- LYNNETTE

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 02:36:16 pm »
OUR TIGER RIVER CASPIAN WAS DELIEVERED YESTERDAY AND IT ENDED BEING BRAND NEW STILL IN  RAPPER FROM FACTORY.  IT WAS SUPOSE TO BE A 2004 FLOOR MODEL.  

Did you call your dealer to let them know they made a mistake?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 03:42:31 pm »
...asking $6895 with no sales tax(in CA its 8.25%), free cover and steps, and free delivery.  

The price we were quoted seems to be about average for this model, we'll try to find another dealer, but it seems that all the local dealers are owned by the same person, which limits our bargaining power.

Drive on up to Thousand Oaks, and I'll beat that price and pay your sales tax. I'm in Ventura county, so the tax is 7.25%
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 08:30:47 am »

Did you call your dealer to let them know they made a mistake?
      WHEN OUR TUB WAS DELIVERED I TOLD DELIVERY GUYS IT WAS SUPOSE TO BE A FLOOR MODEL. HE SAID THEY HAD IT IN WAREHOUSE SO IT WAS CONSIDERED A FLOOR MODEL.  I ALSO WENT TO SALESMAN YESTERDAY TO GET CHEMICALS THEY FORGOT TO GIVE US AND TOLD HIM IT WAS BRAND KNEW ALSO.  HE ALREADY KNEW THAT TOO.  I AM A VERY HONEST PERSON.   LYNNETTE  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 06:50:27 pm »
I was mostly kidding but good for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 03:15:27 pm »
We often sell the floor model more than once - we have two stores and several sales people, so it happens. We gladly send out new tubs as needed rather than cancel the sales.

I have yet to get a complaint from anyone about getting a new spa when a floor model was sold to them.

Also - if there is a delay in the delivery time, it is often to my advantage to sell the floor model to another party, and pull in a new spa when the first couple is finally ready to receive the spa.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 08:49:04 am by Chas »

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2004, 07:32:52 am »
CHAS,  I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.  OUR CASPIAN HAS 3 FLOOR FILTERS, THEY HAVE A WHITE PAPER LIKE FILTER OVER THEM, ARE WE SUPOSE TO TAKE THE PAPER OFF OR LEAVE THEM ON???  IF WE LEAVE THEM ON CAN YOU PURCHASE NEW ONES?  -- WE LOVE OUR CASPIAN AND I FIGURED THAT THE SALES MAN OVER SOLD THE FLOOR MODEL.  THANKS -- LYNNETTE

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2004, 08:47:00 am »
Leave them there.  If they get covered with stuff you can just put the garden hose in a blast them clean - spa empty or full.

And yes, you can buy new ones.

jeff1w

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2004, 04:53:08 pm »
Chas,

Thanks for the offer, but we went ahead and made a great deal on the Caspian.  The dealer spent so much time and was so kind that we couldn't think of shopping around for a better price.  

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2004, 07:40:48 am »
Chas,  Thanks for the advice.  I went to my dealer on my lunch yesterday my salesman did not know anything about the filter covers.  The floor model Caspian just has plactic covers no filters on them.  He told me to take them off.  He did not know anything about ordering new ones either.  I am happy your on this form, you know more about spas than any sales person I have talked to in Michigan.  I will be leaving them on. Thanks again,  Lynnette

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2004, 07:40:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42