What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSprings Envoy question  (Read 1770 times)

Saxy

HotSprings Envoy question
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:54 pm »
Hi,

Recently someone moved into my neighborhood and they did not want a hot tub.  They offered it to me and I jumped at the chance to get it.  I knew that one of the motors in the tub did not work but supposedly everything else did.   I did see the Jet 2 motors running before we disconnected the tub.  I quickly built my foundation for the tub and had the local hotsprings dealer move it to my house.  After setting here for a couple of weeks I finally had the electricity run to the tub this weekend.  This is when the fun started.   Upon starting up the tub, I realized that I can not get either of the jets to activate.  Also the water is not heating.   I am not sure if this is give any clue or not but I thought I would share this information.  I tried to follow the startup procedures in the manual by turning on only the 20 AMP breaker and activating the jets before powering on the 30 AMP breaker.   When I switch on the 20 AMP break nothing happens.  I do not get any lights on the tub and the control panel does not turn on.   When I flip on the 30 AMP breaker, then the control panel comes on, and after a few seconds the circulation pump starts running.  A few second after that I can hear the relay kick on for the heater.   Unfortunately the water temperature stays at the same 58 degrees.   When I hit the buttons to activate the jets I can hear the relays click but the motors do not start.   I am not even getting a humming noise from the motors.   

The Contol panel has the work power illuminated in white and it is solid.   I have the blue water drop symbol flashing, and the blue led for the jets comes on solid when I turn the jets on.  The led lights in the tub work also.  

It appears that this unit does not have an ozonator installed.  I can see the ozone injector but the line is cut and stopped up with a rubber stopper.  It does have the ACE system and I think that is what is causing my flashing blue water droplet.   There are also two short hoses on each side near the top of the tub going into the foam that are not connected to anything.  They both have bright pink strings coming out of them and I can not figure out what those are yet.  

I opened up the IQ 2020 panel and I have a green light for LIM OK, a red light for HTR ON, and a green light for Bus Status.  I think all of that is normal.  I have not put my meter on it to check voltages but I did use my non-contact voltage detector.  When I active the heater, or jets via the control panel I get electricity flowing to both the jets and the heater.  I did check the heater and it is showing 15 ohms so I hope that it is good.   

I did pull off the heater control board as I read that is a common problem with these tubs.   To the naked eye, it looked good and I did not see any signs of overheating or damage.  

I do have one other problem is that after the move, the heater has sprung a leak.  It appears I have a small crack on the black plastic cover at the end of the heater.  I know I have to repair that soon but I do not think it would impact the other problems I am having.   On my old tub, It had shutoff valves in the plumbing so I could remove the heater and motors without draining the tub.  I do not think this tub had that so I guess I am going to have to drain the tub before I can remove the heater.   Is that correct.   

If anyone has any insight I would appreciate some guidance.  I have three failed components and I do not want to start throwing parts that I suspected to be good.  I have never had a tub that had two power legs feeding it so this is new to me.  I have attached a picture of electrician installed it.  I think it is correct but would appreciate the opinion of someone who knew more than me.   The power cord that came with the hot tub has 7 wires in it but it looked like one of them was not attached and looked like it was not used  Perhaps this is causing part of the problem but the wiring diagram only called for six wires.   I think the tub is from somewhere around 2010 and is a KK model.   

Thanks,

William

Hot Tub Forum

HotSprings Envoy question
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42