What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: when is too cold to change water  (Read 2287 times)

Jostudly

when is too cold to change water
« on: November 24, 2016, 07:34:48 am »
I need to drain my hot tub and refill however it is starting to get close to 0 celcius where I live. Just wondering if this could damage the tub with water still in the lines when I drain it? I will be filling within 1 hr once I clean out the tub with ah some and refill.

Hot Tub Forum

when is too cold to change water
« on: November 24, 2016, 07:34:48 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: when is too cold to change water
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 09:18:32 am »
Close to? Water wont freeze until it actually hits  0 celcius.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jostudly

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:44:59 pm »
Well i refilled my tub today. The temp was 1C but felt like -4C with the wind chill. The water was 10C from the house so hopefully no lines got damaged. It is slowly heating 5C every 2 hrs so will probably take about 11 hrs to heat to 37.5C overnight. One thing i forgot to do is turn the power off at the breaker when draining and refilling. I put the jets in off mode and they kicked back on when the water line was still below the jets. Would this cause any damage to the pump? The jets are still working but wondering if damage can occur as i turn the jets and air on for 10 secs to make sure all the biofilm and water is out of the lines. I also filled the tub halfway and drained before i fill it again to make sure all the ahhsome cleaner was out of the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:44:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42