What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can someone plz review this pump wiring? Thanks!  (Read 1801 times)

JacuzziJack

Can someone plz review this pump wiring? Thanks!
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:53:29 pm »
Hey Guys,
On this used '06 Calspa hot tub I got recently (haven't put water or power to it yet), it has a circulation pump, a single speed pump, a 2-speed pump, and Balboa controls. The previous owner quit using it because the single speed pump crapped out and he didn't use it much, so he got rid of it ....and now it's in my hands. Ok, I sourced a pump to replace the 'missing' single speed pump and that's installed, and, while I had the outer panels off the hot tub, I decided it would be a good idea to remove the other, presumably good (and original), 2-speed pump, that came with the Hot Tub to ensure it spun freely, check for evidence of leaks and so on. Prior to re-installing this 2-speed pump, I double-checked the wiring and according to the wiring diagram on the motor it seems to be completely mis-wired according to what I can tell. I just want to verify that I'm seeing thing correctly. Looks to me like the Black wire should be on top, the White wire in the center and Red wire on the bottom. And what about the Yellow and Purple wires? Motor is AO Smith 5.0 hp. Can someone please verify and help out?

The guy said the 2-speed pump worked just fine and he didn't really seem like he had the skills to change wiring (I presume), however, maybe a tech re-configured it to operate as a single speed so they could at least use the hot tub??? Is there any reason you can think of why the motor would be wired the way it is? Or could it be how it was originally wired? What are your recomendations? Sorry, wiring motors isn't something I do very often, but I don't want to fry this thing either.

Thanks for your help.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:23:19 pm by JacuzziJack »

Hot Tub Forum

Can someone plz review this pump wiring? Thanks!
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:53:29 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Can someone plz review this pump wiring? Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:25:12 pm »
Can you also show us the control box end? Where the wires go.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Can someone plz review this pump wiring? Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:25:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42