What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Envoy Slow Leak - What is this component?  (Read 3349 times)

akm

Hot Springs Envoy Slow Leak - What is this component?
« on: September 02, 2016, 08:12:50 pm »
Greetings...

Since the last time we filled the tub a few months ago, we've noticed a small bit of water wetting the concrete pad near the access panel of my 2.5 year old HS Envoy. The leak doesn't appear to be very severe - it didn't change the depth of the tub much more than maybe an inch or less over the last few months.

That said, when I emptied it today I popped the panel and did indeed see evidence of a puddle of water inside the equipment bay.  I checked all connections that I could reach and none were visibly wet.  There is a unit sort of in the front of the bay that shows evidence of some kind of corrosion or something, generating some white paste-like substance.  This is near where the water puddle is, and is probably being generated by the tub water contacting the feet that mount this unit to the equipment bay.

I'm attaching a picture with the unit circled, and an arrow pointing to where the water seems to pool.  It appears to puddle underneath this unit, and the two hoses at the top don't seem to be leaking.  Perhaps it is a leak on the bottom of this thing?  No clue what it is, I'm just a simple caveman.

Any ideas?  I might be able to unscrew the unit from the feet that attach it and take a look, but I'm a lay person and don't want to make things worse.  Assuming this isn't something I should goof around with, should I leave the tub empty before contacting my reseller?

Any advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

how to print screen on pc

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Envoy Slow Leak - What is this component?
« on: September 02, 2016, 08:12:50 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Hot Springs Envoy Slow Leak - What is this component?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 08:50:52 pm »
At 2.5 years old it is still under warranty? Where did you buy it?
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 11:15:23 pm »
Ditto.  That is the heater.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

akm

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 08:36:03 am »
Yah it's definitely under warranty but if it was something simple I would have fiddled. Have a service call placed and someone is coming on Tuesday. Assuming it'll be fairly minor but who knows. Good to know that is the heater. Water appears to be seeping out from underneath it but hard to say with it bolted to the floor. Thanks for the replies!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 09:28:06 am »
And you can fill it and use it. Good techs can change those out without draining.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 09:28:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42