What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: beating a dead horse?  (Read 3398 times)

cparlf

beating a dead horse?
« on: July 28, 2004, 09:29:52 am »
I have a few hopefully final questions regarding having concrete poured....I met with the concrete contractor yesterday, and as suggested on this forum we will go with a 5 inch thick, 4000 psi fiber reinforced 11' 6" square pad with a short connector to the present patio.  This will give two feet lip on the sides, one on the back and three on the front for walking, drying, shovlling snow etc.; and allow for landscaping without crowding.  We have a heavy clay line in the soil and therefore poor drainage in the yard (read minor flooding in heavy rain) and we are thinking the overkill isn't really overkill for a bit of peace of mind.  The contractor will bisect front to back and cross ways for expansion joints, and will build a total of one half inch front to back slope for run off.

I also have a lot of red landscaping stone left over from removing it where we are placing the tub, and the contractor says he will use this as part of the 3" cruched stone base.  He says this will be a good addition to the crushed stone.

Does this sound reasonable??  Thank you for any insights.

Hot Tub Forum

beating a dead horse?
« on: July 28, 2004, 09:29:52 am »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Re: beating a dead horse?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 09:33:22 am »
Why use the red landscaping stone under the base of the pad?  Isnt landscaping stone more $$ then plain old ordinary crushed stone??  Save the red stone for another landscaping project!

d/c

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 09:35:00 am »
Sounds like you have a good plan.  
Brewman
Brewman

cparlf

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 10:23:49 am »
Thanks D&C and Brewman.  I bought this house 5 years ago, and the previous owners had gone wild with the red stone landscaping, all with no longer effective weed barrier.  Front, back, sides, none inside yet, as far as I know.  Anyway, I got more of it than I can possibly use, except to sell it on ebay.  The crete guy said he could use it since it is just piled on a tarp out back.  I am a CPA and an auditor by trade, and therefore question too many things in life.  Drives my wife nuts.  Once the crete is in, the tub can come in a week.  Enough already, I need to get back to work..........  

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 11:49:30 am »
Looks like you got yeeself a good plan. Now into action.  Let us know how the project turns out. If you can take some pics.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 11:49:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42