What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to the hot tub  (Read 2101 times)

wandak421

New to the hot tub
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »
We bought a hot tub 2 weeks ago. It got cloudy on us so I drained it today and refilled it. I put non chlorine shock in it and we are using the frog system. Any advice?

Hot Tub Forum

New to the hot tub
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »

castletonia

Re: New to the hot tub
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:35:37 pm »
Need more information. 

Is it the inline frog, floating frog, or just the frog mineral stick?  Are you using chlorine or bromine with it?  What is the usage like, heavy or light?  What are the rest of your readings (ph, alkalinity, etc) at?  Cloudy water is usually caused be either lack of sanitizer and/or inadequate filtration.  Does the spa have a 24hr circulation pump or is it programmable filtration and if programmable how long is it set to run?

wandak421

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:55:09 pm »
its the frog inline chlorine. It is clear now since I drained and started over. It all started when I used scale remover in it. The place we bought it told us to use the clairafier in it. All it did was give me blue cloudy water. Then when we would have it on the highest setting we would get bubbles and a nasty white film it is biofilm from what I have read. I'm taking a sample in tomorrow.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 09:15:56 pm »
Definitely get a water test to confirm.  The cloudiness after using the clarifier was likely because the alkalinity was high.  High alkalinity can prevent a water clarifier from properly working.  Also, regarding the @ease system.  Shock the spa once a week, not once a month that Frog claims. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 09:15:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42