What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm a total newbie here, and I'm trying to restore my hot tub \ need info.  (Read 2238 times)

goss2195

Hi everyone,  my wife and I want to get our hot tub in working order.  We've never used it and want to get an item list together of how to care for it and maintain in.  We're doing some work on the back deck so I currently had the hot tub pulled off to the side and I snapped some pictures of it.  The previous owners of the home (hot tub came with the house) said they purchased it in 2005, it's a Great Lakes model, and they paid somewhere around $4,500 for it.

If anyone help me identify the model or perhaps tell me where to look for info that could lead me in the right direction so I can order any new parts I may bump into needing, I would really appreciate your knowledge.

Thank you all in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

dlleno

boy, thats a tough call to make, but the first order of business will be to asses the viability of the spa itself.  find out the mfg (look in the equipment area for labels)  and if the local dealer is reputable, and consider paying someone to evaluate this particular spa.  the photos don't look good, but you will need to look for other things such as rotting wood, and the condition of the equipment.  pump seals may be all dried out;  you just don't know. how long has it sat dry, and in what weather?  you've got alot of assement work to do, but if you determine that you want to breathe life into it, we  can help with restoring good water health, and I will recommend a very comprehensive purge activity

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
  find out the mfg (look in the equipment area for labels) 

Ahhhh, right there in his post, AND the 2nd picture....Great Lakes Hot Tubs.

Regardless, pretty much all parts used are generic. As in made by someone else and rather common.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42