What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting OHH message  (Read 2692 times)

Pablorock

Getting OHH message
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:13 am »
My second post here, and hopefully I can get some help (as I did last time, thanks).  I am currently getting an OHH message on my Thermospa (a Park Avenue about 10 yrs old).  I replaced my heater element last year and it work fine until the end of the winter.  Now it is saying OHH.  I just replaced both temp sensors, and it seems to be a little worse.  Previously it would start up and read a temp that was incorrect (it said 100 at start up).  It would try to heat for awhile, and eventually give an OHH (with cold water).  Now that I replaced temp sensors, it turns on and immediately gives an OHH. No pumps come on, just a couple of clicks, displays a few numbers (I am assuming voltage and stuff), then goes to OHH. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Paul.

Hot Tub Forum

Getting OHH message
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:13 am »

Sam

Re: Getting OHH message
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »
Does your spa have a dedicated circulation pump?

Pablorock

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 03:19:18 pm »
Not sure.  It has 3 pumps.  Pump 1 is 2 speeds and usually kicks on when you start the spa (and did before I changed the temp sensors).  Now it just goes right to OHH.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 04:17:36 pm »
 Ohh is usually related to the high limit.  You said you replaced both temp sensors when there should only be one.

One temp, one high limit and 1 flow switch/pressure switch.

Pablorock

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:58:25 am »
Thanks for the replies so far.  Yes, I believe one is a High Limit, the other temp located on either side of the heater element (the bag says Temp/Hi-Limit, Generic M7, Dual Purpose).  I believe the old part(s) was 30042 and replaced them with 32016.  On Spaguts.com it says they are the same (except for a longer cable).  I do not know of a flow switch.  The board is a Balboa EL2000 Mach 2. 

I was going to try and swap the old ones one by one to see if there is any change to the startup.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:58:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42