What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover question...(Arctic)  (Read 5146 times)

Gibson00

Cover question...(Arctic)
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:03:07 am »
Question about my spa cover on my Arctic Summit Spa.  We have the Arctic Mylovac cover, which I assume like most covers, sort of folds in half.  To open, one side folds over onto the other, then use the handles to lift it all up to the side.

When the cover is closed, in the center where the two pieces attach/fold, there is a gap.  Obviously needed somewhat to allow the cover to fold, but the gap doesn't seem to provide a good seal over the area it sits.  I can stick a few fingers in no problem and feel the warm air.  Am I going to be losing much heat there?  Any way I should modify it somehow, to provide a better seal?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Cover question...(Arctic)
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:03:07 am »

bud16415

Re: Cover question...(Arctic)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:32:33 am »
My Caldera cover has a small foam block attached at that location and covered in the same stuff the rest of the cover is made from. It plugs that hole. 

rspray

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 01:27:48 pm »
My Caldera cover has a small foam block attached at that location and covered in the same stuff the rest of the cover is made from. It plugs that hole.
Same for my Hot Springs cover.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 01:45:18 pm »
Most covers have the heat seal flap on them.  My marquis spa has one.  Not sure if arctic does them or not

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:41:28 pm »
There must be something wrong. Arctic has always had quality covers. How old is it?
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »
There must be something wrong. Arctic has always had quality covers. How old is it?

missing a hinge seal...good for the manufacturer to save a few bucks on each cover, bad for the consumers utility bills

Water Boy

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 10:46:32 am »

missing a hinge seal...good for the manufacturer to save a few bucks on each cover, bad for the consumers utility bills

That is not true Bullfrog MN. Every Arctic Spa manufactured cover comes with a hinge seal. Some covers just put the wallet sized foam baffle seal on the edges, but Arctic has a foam baffle that runs all the way across the cover seams. Like Roger said, Arctic makes quality covers. I am guessing something has gone wrong with this customers cover, or maybe they have a after market cover. OP- did you go talk to your dealer about this?
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:40:23 pm »

That is not true Bullfrog MN. Every Arctic Spa manufactured cover comes with a hinge seal. Some covers just put the wallet sized foam baffle seal on the edges, but Arctic has a foam baffle that runs all the way across the cover seams. Like Roger said, Arctic makes quality covers. I am guessing something has gone wrong with this customers cover, or maybe they have a after market cover. OP- did you go talk to your dealer about this?

Ooow yea aftermarket cover. Good call. Maybe it's a BF cover?
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 06:13:14 pm »

Settle down Tiger, my comment was in reference to the fact some companies will include a "heat seal" on certain collections and not on their "value line" to save a few bucks, so my assumption was this customer purchased a "value" Arctic which may not have the heat seal...just a thought

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 09:48:46 pm »

Settle down Tiger, my comment was in reference to the fact some companies will include a "heat seal" on certain collections and not on their "value line" to save a few bucks, so my assumption was this customer purchased a "value" Arctic which may not have the heat seal...just a thought

I see what your saying. The op stated he has a Arctic Spa Summit, so he should have the good sealed cover, unless he got a after market cover, which could be sub par.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:57:50 pm by Water Boy »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 07:04:50 am »
We have the Arctic Mylovac cover,
Thanks!

And what's this?
Retired

Water Boy

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 12:26:48 pm »
We have the Arctic Mylovac cover,
Thanks!

And what's this?

From their site... The Mylovac cover starts with foam twice as dense as the industry average. We also insert a metal “C” channel into the foam centers.This creates a cover capable of supporting thousands of pounds of weight. Never worry about snow loads or kid loads again. We then wrap these inserts in a metal/poly bag (similar to a coffee bag).This bag is then vacuumed and heat sealed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 12:26:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42