What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New owner of an Artesian Antigua with Crystal AOP. Tips for water chemistry?  (Read 15463 times)

BullFrogSpasMN

You're kinda all over the place.  If you are going to the @ease system, you do not shock, save for once a month.  There are two cartridges (not unlike the Frog System): One that lasts 4 months, one that lasts 1 month.  With @ease, pH and alkalinity balance are critical.   pH/Alk is very important on any spa with any sanitation system.  But as there is a reservoir of total chlorine of 10-15ppm but only 0.5-1.0ppm of free chlorine, the chemistry has to be good to maintain a steady sanitizer flow.

Additionally, this chlorine is completely different:  It is not a DiChlor (I forget what the actual active ingredient is) but it is slow release.  Also- The mineral cartridge is a different formula than what Spa Frog/Nature II is made of. 

Thus- You have your cartridges in your in-line feeder, have your pH and alkalinity balanced, and you leave it alone.  You check your pH and alkalinity regularly and replace the cartridges accordingly.

That is all.

Does that make sense?  I hope it does.  Good luck moving forward.

funny enough I have one sitting on my desk that a rep just dropped off as a sample...The SmartChlor Cartridge is listed as: 1,3 dichloro-5 81.1% and 1,3 dichloro-5 ethyl-5-methlhydantoin 16.1% and Other Ingredients 2.8% 

Hot Tub Forum

The Wizard of Spas

Alas- I need to better articulate:  It is not traditional DiChlor, as it only releases one chlorine atom while the other atom goes in reserve.  Hence- The 10-15ppm total chlorine reservoir.  Your standard DiChlor that is up to 97% active will always release its two chlorine atoms, whereas the new chlorine with @ease is slow release.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42