What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decontamination  (Read 2576 times)

talh

Decontamination
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:22:30 pm »
Hello all

new to hot tubs
just bought a house with an old spa. the model is kind of an oldy - sweetwater Palermo 2004
wasn't been used in the last 1 or years. check the pumps / jets - seems to be working
i read a little bit - i understand that i need to do some harsh Decontamination flow
anybody has a procedure that includes specific chemicals models (links or pics will surely help) that i need to use in the step of the flow?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Decontamination
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:22:30 pm »

HT34

Re: Decontamination
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:30:00 pm »
I've heard the purge product Ahh-Some works very well.  Just follow the instructions and all should be good.  You may have to repeat the procedure 2 or 3 times to fully rid your tub of biofilms.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 04:07:38 pm »
It doesn't say it on the instructions but add a healthy dose of chlorine when you use ahh-some

talh

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 04:55:22 pm »
so for the purge flow:
to use "ahh-some" or others like SpgPurge / Spaflush
what is the best?

Am Still asking for a full flow... :)
Tx

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:50:10 pm »
I carry Spa Purge from Natural Chemistry and it works great.  No first hand experience with the other product mentioned but I do know that people speak highly of it.

dlleno

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 08:10:58 pm »
I have experience with both natural chemistry and ahh-some ,along with a few other products which I tested awhile back.  FYI this kind of testing requires lots of time and thousands of gallons of water but in my situation I satisfied myself that i had the right answer.  the bottom line is that natural chemistry did produce a result in my test (it released a small amount of biofilms).   However, I followed the natural chemistry purge immediately with an ahh-some purge and was astonished at the amount of additional material released - left behind by the Natural Chemistry.  if anyone is interested all the gory details pm me and I can provide a link to my page where I presented my experimental method and results (its a long read), so as not to clutter the forum here.   Bottom line is that the Natural Chemistry works "a little" but ahh-some so far outshined it that it wasn't even close. 

gmdodt

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:59 pm »
The stuff that has been coming out of my tub using ahhsome the past two days....good lord. Its nasty.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42