What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time Buyer - Which HotSpring model in Seattle?  (Read 3646 times)

RidgeTubber

First Time Buyer - Which HotSpring model in Seattle?
« on: May 15, 2015, 01:38:48 am »
Hi Everyone,

(Soon to be) first time tub purchaser here.

Based on comments online, we've tentatively decided to go with a HotSprings tub due to the proximity and (reported) reliability of the dealer.

Was quoted $7k for a HS Limelight Bolt with Ozone, Panel, Cover and Cover Lifter BEFORE tax...does that sound about right for Seattle area?
It's just my wife and I using the tub, and we don't want a lounger, so Bolt seems like about the right size/config, but am concerned about it being too shallow (though we're both 5'8"), and lack of dual speed or dual zone for jets.

It seems like to get a marginally deeper tub with dual speed jets is significantly more $$ in the hot spring lineup.  Reviews I've read for Hot Spot tubs sound like folks have had noticeable increases in energy bills with that series and LimeLight Glow looks too closed in side-to-side (though I'll admit I've only seen pics).

We plan to go wet test a few tubs this weekend.

Are there any other models/brands I should consider?
Do you think the quote I got was a fair price?
Is going from a limelight bolt to highlife prodigy worth an extra $1,600 even though it doesn't solve the depth or dual speed issue?
Any additional thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

First Time Buyer - Which HotSpring model in Seattle?
« on: May 15, 2015, 01:38:48 am »

RidgeTubber

Re: First Time Buyer - Which HotSpring model in Seattle?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 03:51:12 pm »
Looks like the local Jacuzzi dealer is having a sale this weekend...any particular models I should look at or stay away from, keeping in mind that we're targeting the 4-5 person $6k-$8k range?

How does Jacuzzi stack up against HotSprings?  Or is that even a possible comparison without looking at specific models?

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 04:39:48 pm »
Looks like the local Jacuzzi dealer is having a sale this weekend...any particular models I should look at or stay away from, keeping in mind that we're targeting the 4-5 person $6k-$8k range?

How does Jacuzzi stack up against HotSprings?  Or is that even a possible comparison without looking at specific models?

Two very good brands, shop them both and see what you think.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:30:32 pm »
 Too bad our store is not open in Marysville yet, suppose to be in by end of June maybe sooner.    Like mentioned both are great brands with different features.   

Higrpwd

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:58:36 pm »
Shoot.. I'm searching right now.. March.. and they want $8559 for that same spa without the cover lifter and stairs.  And NO removal of the old spa.  I almost pulled the trigger but now I am bummed again.  Its in California.. so maybe thats the issue.. we always get reamed!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 10:06:02 pm »
 You didn't get reamed it's a year past the original post. And a lot depends on what any particular dealer is pricing it at.

Higrpwd

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 11:20:02 pm »
The difference from their price to the price they are marking on the ones I am looking at is over an $1800 difference.. I can't say that that is just the newest model.  They told me they go up about $100/year.. I started looking last year as mine started leaking about then.  I wish we had more dealers around here.  All we have are Hotsprings, Jacuzzi and Bullfrog.  All are starting at about 8k for a 3-person one.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 11:20:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42