What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers, don't become like jewlers  (Read 3385 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Dealers, don't become like jewlers
« on: July 21, 2004, 12:12:45 pm »
Several threads lately have mentioned whether prices are negotiable or not.  What ever works for your business is fine, after all want to buy from a dealer who has and will be in business for awhile.

Just don't have a sale every single day. I've seen a few dealers where the only time you see a price is one that is $2-4k more than a posted "sale" price that never seems to go away. I find that insulting.  

Here in Ohio, jewlers are notorious for selling everything for "50-75% off list continiously. The law requires that is they have sales the sale must have a listed expiration date and the item must remain off sale for at least 24 hours after that.

The law doesn't help though as dealers take each item off sale one day a year. To their credit, most will tell the customer "psst, it goes on sale tomorrow."
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers, don't become like jewlers
« on: July 21, 2004, 12:12:45 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Dealers, don't become like jewlers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 12:19:08 pm »
Spas are always on sale, jewlery is almost always (because of that law) always on sale, vehicles are always on sale, computers are always on sale, stereos are always on sale. If you are going to walk away from the seller and you told him you are doing it because his price is too high, it's going to go on sale real fast! If he/she's given you their best price and it's still out of your range, look elswhere.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 02:10:31 pm »
Wisocki;

Well said. Hot tubs are always on sale. Why? Because consumers wont buy unless they feel they are getting "a good deal". What is humorous at times are those who feel that they got their tub 35-50% off. If the tub was marked down that much, it was also marked up alot. I lost a deal once because some one thought they were getting $8K off of a $17K tub. It is because of those pricing strategies that some consumers beleive that hot tubs have large profit margins. ???
Homeworks Financing Representative

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 02:20:57 pm »
...What is humorous at times are those who feel that they got their tub 35-50% off. If the tub was marked down that much, it was also marked up alot. I lost a deal once because some one thought they were getting $8K off of a $17K tub. It is because of those pricing strategies that some consumers beleive that hot tubs have large profit margins.
Was this the thread you wanted to post this to?
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1090348252

;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 02:25:30 pm by empolgation »
e

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:26:12 pm »
yes
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:26:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42