What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: initial floater setting  (Read 5476 times)

skizit

initial floater setting
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:17:18 pm »
We've decided to try using a bromine floater as we are just about out of the powdered bromine that came with our tub. We have a floater in a vacation rental condo we own but it is a bigger tub, a HS Prodigy, and used as a short term ski area rentals  and it is professionally maintained.

I'm looking  where to initially set the floater opening for our personal HT, 250 gal. 102F, usually just my wife and myself mostly daily use. Occasionally our daughter and grand daughter come for a visit, a day or 2 every several weeks. The graduations on the floater look to be 1/4" apart and  numbered 1 to 13.  I thought I would check the bromine a day after putting in the floater and adjust from there.

Hot Tub Forum

initial floater setting
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:17:18 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: initial floater setting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:33:40 pm »
That sounds like a plan. I think I would start around 6, check next day. Take it out to soak.
Retired

skizit

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 07:27:36 am »
thanks

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 10:15:58 am »
TMAN's advise sounds like a plan.  I'm going to guess you will end up at a 3 or 4.   That is only based on what I have read from others here over the years.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

skizit

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:07:54 pm »
I'll be putting it in tomorrow and check the bromine level a day later.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:20:32 pm »
TMAN's advise sounds like a plan.  I'm going to guess you will end up at a 3 or 4.   That is only based on what I have read from others here over the years.

Yea ya wana slowly dial it down to the amount your water needs to stay clean. Based on your usage. Not to say you may not have to raise it back up once in a while. Toss in some bromine bank/starter at fresh water then maybe more later to boost it if needed. I added MPS to shock after a heavy use or a bunch of light uses.
Retired

skizit

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 09:33:18 am »
So I started at 5 on the floater, the bromine level  on the test strip was 2. The next day I checked and the Br level was >10. I removed the floater and added some water to the correct level mark on the filter weir, about 10 gals which needed to be added  anyway. I left the floater out overnight and checked again the next AM. The Br level was 6, after use it was 2. I replaced the floater, set at 2, yesterday and this AM the BR level was 3-4. I'll continue to monitor closely until I'm sure it stabilizes at 3-4.

skizit

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 01:16:45 pm »
Checked this AM Br> 6, reset floater to 1 and will check again tomorrow.

skizit

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:05:45 pm »
We've found a setting of 1 on our floater is sufficient to keep our bromine at 2-4 with amount we use our tub. I has been consistent now for a couple weeks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:05:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42