What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Are Bullfrog R, Sundance 780 and Hotsprings Limelight comparable & Best?  (Read 3105 times)

desiathp

Hi,
Are Bullfrog R Series, Sundance 780 series and Hotsprings Limelight collection good comparables & which should be the most most reliable and best value? The only other question I have is does the ClearRay really work? I have been told it is not possible for that bulb size to sanitize anything move through the tube that fast. I'm thinking less maybe better and more reliable especially if I have to use chlorine/chemicals anyway. 

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Are Bullfrog R, Sundance 780 and Hotsprings Limelight comparable & Best?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:22:29 pm »
I think those 3 would be a good starting point. Have you put your hands or butts on any of these?
Retired

Racenut

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 07:30:02 pm »
I would say they are comparable for reliability.  All good, solid brands.  Clear ray is a UV system.  It might help, but you're still going to need to maintain the water, don't let a dealer tell you it's a magical maintenance free spa. I also wouldn't let Clear Ray be the deciding vote in your decision.

Visit the dealers.... some dealers are great and some are downright shady.  That may limit your choices right there.

After that, just pick the one the feels good.  You're not going to go wrong with any of those brands.  If you can't decide, then flip a coin and get the Bullfrog :D

desiathp

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 09:14:33 am »
Hi,
I have sat in the Sandance Hamilton which would be my Series 780 choice dry and liked it because the seats seem to be high/real seats, but only wet tested the Bullfrog which went very well, but very low seats. I think the Bullfrog would be cheaper to run from an energy and consumable perspective (no Ozone or filtration pump to replace) and last just as long as the others.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 06:28:22 pm »
I think the Bullfrog would be cheaper to run from an energy and consumable perspective (no Ozone or filtration pump to replace) and last just as long as the others.

I disagree. I don't think there would be a noticeable difference here.  With no ozone or 24/7 filtration it will likely require more consumables. If you thinking sanitizer as a consumable. If your talking filtration pump and O3 generator as consumables. I doubt there will still be any difference. 

Comfort with the tub when you sit in it and in the dealer should take priority over this.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 06:28:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42