What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Still some firsts  (Read 2778 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Still some firsts
« on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:38 pm »
After 13 years of hot tub ownership, this was  first for me. went to the tub last night. It was about 6F so my wife decided not to soak.  When there is snow on the ground/sidewalk, I wear crocs to the tub and if there is enough snow I wear them right into the tub.   Wouldn't you know if as I was climbing into the tub one of my crocs went sailing in to the middle of my yard, 20 feet from the edge and into a couple of inches of snow.  After my soak I had to walk out and get it.

Doesn't beat whomever locked themselves out of their hot tub and had to go around front to get the spare key.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Still some firsts
« on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:38 pm »

girlinhotwater

Re: Still some firsts
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:37:23 pm »
I also wear crocs and last night while we were getting three inches of snow, wore them right into the spa too! They really work great in Wintry weather! I would have left my croc in the yard and made a mad dash to the back door instead! Odds are one of my dogs would have retrieved it for me later ;) It was about the same temp in my neck of the woods and I normally don't hot tub when it's 10 or below, but something about those big fluffy snow flakes called me out there.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:43:16 pm »
How about having to go around to the front, to climb in the only open window....wrapped only in a towel?....been there done that! Talk about exposing your Croc!

Or,

Getting out of the tub and opening the metal framed sliding glass door with wet fingers.....and freezing them to the metal frame (had a customer that did that one).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 06:04:49 pm »
Ahhhhh the memories......how many of you have made snow angels, naked, then got back in the tub?
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 12:54:13 am »
It's more painful getting back in the tub than making the angels.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:36:07 pm »
Making the angels is the fun part after 45 minute soak and a couple drinks. And ya gota get back in.......
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:36:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42