What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: After Sale Benefits  (Read 4701 times)

spaguyohio

After Sale Benefits
« on: July 16, 2004, 03:54:35 pm »
Have any of you buyers, or for that matter, dealers on this site, get/give anything for referral customers?

My local Master Spa salesman has bought me lunch for a lower end deal, to dinner for two at a very nice resteraunt for higher end deals. Just want to see if anyone else is doing anything.   I just referred two customers who each bought LSX1050FSTs .. thats gonna cost him BIG TIME! :)

Hot Tub Forum

After Sale Benefits
« on: July 16, 2004, 03:54:35 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: After Sale Benefits
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 03:57:57 pm »
I offer my undying grattitude. That plus the knowledge that they have introduced their friends to a new and relaxing lifestyle seems to keep our customers coming back.

Hmm. Maybe I need to rethink that policy..... ???

What kind of restaurant does your dealer send you to?

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 04:13:22 pm »
Spaguyohio-
Maybe you should get a part time job at your local spa dealer, and instead of getting free dinners, get the full commission!  
Brewman
Brewman

tubin

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 06:10:09 pm »
$50.00 per referred purchase.

my dealer is a great guy.  very down to earth.  doesn't advertise except home shows and says the quality of the spa and happy customers are his key to sales.

now i just have to talk 170 people into buying a spa from him and that should cover the cost of my spa!!

;D ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 06:18:50 pm »
Mine is offering a sizeable amount of money and I almost hate to mention it because at least one person here thought my messages posted about my tub where then worthless which bothered me some.  But I've never let anyone influence my opinion with anything less than facts or a million dollars and the refferal isn't that much.  I actually bought my spa from the father of the guy who now owns the company.  He retired and sold the business to his son and another partner.

They decided to offer $500 to anyone referring a person who made a purchase.  Does that effect the price the person pays? To some extent yes, the dealer might have less wiggle room, but many dealers might spend that much on other advertising and get less results.  

For those wondering, this just started, I've had my spa for almost 18 months and been on this board a year.

Well, I counter offered my dealer an idea for his referral program.  We share a common love for eating Buffalo Wings and he has been a fan of my website which draws around 10,000 hits a year mostly from our local area.  I made up a coupon for $250 that users could print out and take to the store. So instead of giving me $500, I still make something and give the buyer a little more motivation than they might giving a friend a referral.  So far I think its benefited us both and I've not heard complaints from any buyers either.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 06:20:19 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 06:43:23 pm »
WOW, thats more than I make on a spa.
Spahappy

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 09:28:57 pm »
My dealer gave a gift certificate for dinner.

Of course, they no longer carry tubs, only pools and ponds.  So, the point is moot.  I can't refer anyone to him!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

OnMedic

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 10:50:25 pm »
It looks like most dealers offer a thank-you of some sort for referrals. My dealer will give us a $100 chemical credit for a referral the closes.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 11:07:27 pm »
Before I started looking at spas my friend at work told me that he will be more then happy to send over the Therospas salesman that sold him his spa.Wondering if he was getting some sort of a kickback for refering me.He's very happy with his Thermospa and its indoors.I am glad I didnot listen to him and very happy at what the good people of this site said before i made any mistakes.johnnyT

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 02:00:12 pm »
My dealer gives 100.00 for referral and 100.00 off the purchase price of the person referred.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 02:00:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42